Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Essex, UK :)

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-11, 08:37 AM
Noob

Bikes: Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disc 2009, Ridgeback Nemesis (Afine 8) 2011

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hello! I'm Mike. Just joined here because I've been looking for a busy forum to pass some time when I'm feeling bikey (mostly summer).

I've been maintaining my own bikes for a few years and have built up a semi-decent toolkit, quite a lot custom made (headset press, cup/cone bottom bracket pinch tool, 2 chain whips, pin plyers and a few more) I've fitted, adjusted and mended almost everything on a bike except wheels (I'm going to be building my first set for my MTB soon!)

I'm quite a budget person, but will always go for quality over price. That sounds a bit odd, but I like browsing ebay for cheap quality components and things. Most bike parts cost quite a lot in the UK anyway (compared to the US, which I guess most of you are from)

My Bikes:

Specialized Rockhopper Expert Disc 2009 in Silver
Not sure what specs you are supposed to quote to impress people... I've got a link to the specialized site here: https://www.specialized.com/us/en/bc/...=39224&eid=107
Paid the equivalent of $385 for it and it's had new chain/chainrings and a complete service and wash

Giant Boulder 510 Sport
This is my pub/snotter bike. Had it for about 12 years, been through many many cables, chains, cassettes and tubes/tyres I've lost count. Still rides like the day I got it and it's fully working. This is what I've learnt to maintain bikes on!
I wonder if anyone reads this whole thing. Add the word brill to your post if you have, haha.

1978 Olympic Competitor
My fathers old racing bike that I'm restoring. I've had it into every piece and is now (slowly) going back together after getting cleaned or replaced. Did want to have it done for the beginning of summer, but have just moved house (and now have a garage(!), my dream) so will more likely be a winter project now. So many nice lightweight bits that will fits, but I'm trying to keep it "old school"

I have a crap load of expensive hobbies, but they're mostly seasonal; motor-sport (motorbike), snowboarding, photography, computing and electronics.

Anyway, look forward to passing on my bit of experience and learning a lot from everyone here!

Mike
Old 09-06-11, 08:57 AM

Bikes: 1982 Titan Exclusive (Reynolds 531, Shimano DuraAce EX), 1981 Fuji Excel', 1972 women's Raleigh Sport 3 speed, 1975 Raleigh folder, 1995 Dahon Mariner, 2008 Trek 2.3, 1960ish mens Raleigh sport project refurb.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome.
Old 09-06-11, 11:38 AM
Hogosha Sekai

Bikes: Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Scwhinn Peloton, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2,72' Centurion Lemans, 72 Raleigh Competition

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Welcome aboard from across the pond!
Old 09-06-11, 12:20 PM
DEK

Bikes: '11 Felt Z85

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Welcome to BF. Sounds like you have a nice collection started there.