Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Big Sky, MT-Bicknell, UT. !NEED HELP!

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-11, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all,
I just got into the biking world and have done multiple day long rides through Yellowstone Park and other such rides but never overnight. I am in the process if setting everything up for my first actual tour. I would like to leave Sept 26th from Big Sky, Mt and will be riding roughly 800 miles to Bicknell, Ut. Im thinking I will do between 45 and 80 miles a day and will have everything I need in my panniers. BUT i am inexperienced and doing this solo so far. I grew up camping so I am not worried about camping in my tent everynight. But I really could use any advice about touring and about what I should take with me and what I can get along the way, aswell as any thoughts on a route. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!