Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tires Or Wheels - Rag Time!

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-11, 10:56 PM
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If memory serves you correctly, please state the name of the worst tires and/or wheels you've ever encountered in your entire life.

Then state why you think you have the right to say so.

- Slim
Old 09-30-11, 02:04 AM
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Are you going to create more threads on this tire is the greatest, and that tire sucks ... like you have with frame materials?
Old 09-30-11, 02:38 AM
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Are you going to create more threads on this tire is the greatest, and that tire sucks ... like you have with frame materials?
If you intelligently research my threads, you'll find that I've never done what you're accusing me of here.

You're just assuming something, base upon what others have erroneously concluded as well.

Just for the record, I like all bikes in general. Steel framed bikes are my favorite! Aluminum bikes, I feel will not last as long as steel bikes. However, I do like the thicker-looking tubes of aluminum bikes in terms of styling. I happen to own a Trek 7.5FX that I sometimes ride on Saturday mornings. I love my Trek!

Just this week, I've found a new and much deeper respect for carbon -framed bikes, thanks to RobertL. I seem to be losing my innate fear of carbon. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of purchasing a Trek Madone in the not too distant future.

I've never stated that this bike, is better than that bike, or whatever. However, what I have done is to discuss the properties of steel, aluminum, and carbon, with respect to bike frames. I personally believe that steel gives you a better ride than aluminum. I also believe that both aluminum and carbon frames are subject to catastrophic failure. Since steel has an extended fatigue life, it should be considered as more of an investment than the other frame materials.

So you see, just like everyone else that you know, I have an opinion about bicycle frame materials. Nothing gross, extreme, or strange. Just a normal opinion.

- Slim

Last edited by SlimRider; 09-30-11 at 07:07 AM.