Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lockblock for helmet use?

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Old 01-09-12, 05:47 PM
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

I have a Specialized Echelon that I'm currently using (it was free- won a LG time trial helmet from LBS but was allowed to exchange). I've tried mounting my cheap light that's powered by 3xAAA using rubber bands, but either I can't get the aim right or it flops around too much. And the zip tie trick didn't work for me either .

Also, since I'm a bike/bus commuter, I only wear the helmet while on the bike. The helmet either goes in a backpack or dangles from the top haul loop. Not sure I'd trust a lockblock to hold a light when it's flopping around on the outside of a bag like that, but maybe the mount by itself (with the light removed) would be okay?
Old 01-09-12, 09:43 PM

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro 700C, Rans Seavo tandem, Giant OCR-2 & a Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use a Lockblock on top of my Giro helmet with a Solarforce L2 with a single 18650 battery. Once the strap is all snugged down, it's on there nice and solid, it does't move at all.

Semper Fi
Old 01-10-12, 12:29 PM

Bikes: Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Santana Noventa Tandem, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
For those focused on a good helmet mount, look at the zefal doodad plus. This is normally used to mount a bike pump but works great as a helmet light mount.. The twofish bike block - it has parallel mounting is a good one too.. I found that the mount you use is different for each type of helmet, so it is best to try a couple different models and see what works best.

https://www.amazon.com/Zefal-Doodad-P...6311753&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.com/Two-Fish-Block...6311719&sr=8-1

Last edited by socalrider; 01-11-12 at 01:56 PM.