Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

An EXTREMELY positive bike buying experience!

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 01:12 PM
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK now don't ask me why I bought a new bike - that's a whole other issue. I really need to buy a new car instead but buying a bike is just so much more enjoyable. I wish I could find someone to help me with a car like Michael at Speedgoat helped me with the bike.

I knew exactly the bike I wanted - 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana in Light blue, adding a Chris King headset in Black. It's really hard to find Santa Cruz's in shops here in California and what I found (and had to be ordered anyway) was so overpriced, the bike was out of the question. My friend suggested Speedgoat.com. He has bought a number of bikes, just having bought a new Moots from them recently.

OK so I decided to try Speedgoat. The price listed was what was suggested by the manufacturer (and $600 less than in the shops here) so that was a good start but I had lots of questions so I decided to write "sales support". I figured no one would respond but boy was I surprised. I got an immediate response back from "Michael". Poor thing; over the course of a week I have written him every day with questions and issues. He has always promptly and politely responded to my inquiries. Eventually we got all the issues worked out and questions answered and I just finished ordering the bike.

The service provided was great. I have many friends who use and like Speedgoat and don't hesitate to order "big ticket" items online. Of course, it helps to know what you want and that you are comfortable without having to physically see the bike in person.

But I think Michael deserves some praise. All too often good customer service (especially on the internet) is lacking.

Boy can't wait to get my bike. She is going to be beautiful!!!!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.
Old 02-29-12, 04:00 PM
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
You beastess you! Congrats on going big and new. Of course you know this is all just talk without pictures! Will there be a basket for the cat? What are you doing with the prior bikes?

Funny-I never knew that a blow to the head could shake your wallet loose like that.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

Last edited by Daspydyr; 02-29-12 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 07:25 PM
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daspydyr
You beastess you! Congrats on going big and new. Of course you know this is all just talk without pictures! Will there be a basket for the cat? What are you doing with the prior bikes?

Funny-I never knew that a blow to the head could shake your wallet loose like that.
Yes I am blaming everything on the head injury...

I am keeping the Superlight as my backup but I am hoping to sell off the Specialized. I have a love-hate relationship with that bike... it's fun (very fast) to ride but I have been seriously injuried riding it more times than I like to think about. I have a friend looking to get into riding... the death bike, er, uh the Stumpjumper would be perfect for him!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

Last edited by Pamestique; 02-29-12 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 11:35 PM
Moar cowbell

Bikes: Bike list is not a resume. Nobody cares.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamestique
. . . the Stumpmaker would be perfect for him!
Whoa - - he an ex or something?