Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

There was an IRO Mark V in my bathtub when I got home

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-04, 06:11 PM
weeeeeeee!

Bikes: iro Mark V

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all, I have been a lurker for some time now, just watching, reading, and learning as much as I can. I recently started riding my bike about a year ago, mainly comuting and just goofin around now and then, well I thought I would give fixed a try so I purchased a $50 beater fixie off of craigs list, I rode it for a couple of weeks before exploding the cheapo (sovos) rear hub.

After that I decided this was something I could get into so I started reading, learning as much as I could and started putting together a "wish list" for a bike of my very own, apparently all my friends got sick of hearing me talk about bikes and tired of catching me on fixedgeargallery.com or the bikeforums site because when I came home from my honeymoon (just got married on december 3) there was a brand new IRO Mark V sitting in my bathtub!

Just thought I would say, I finally joined the ranks, I will post pics once I get the chance!
-Jeremy
Old 12-21-04, 06:15 PM
無くなった

Bikes: I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Does this mean you're not getting Christmas presents from all your friends?

Anyway, welcome - congrats on the marrige and the bike (though not neccessarily in that order )
Old 12-21-04, 06:18 PM
Good Afternoon!

Bikes: Various by application

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats on both! What a great way to find a bike! Gotta get my fiance to start reading this forum somehow!
Old 12-21-04, 06:22 PM
weeeeeeee!

Bikes: iro Mark V

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah, I was so excited, I was planning on saving here and there over the next few months to slowly start piecing together my first true fixie. Apparently a bunch of my friends felt bad that we got all sorts of pots and pans and house type stuff for our wedding and none of the cool stuff we registered for (bike tools, REI stuff, etc...)

I will desperately try to avoid being the annoying Newbie with all the lame questions but I will tell you half the reason I have been a "lurker" is because I just use the search function alot, between that, trial and errer, and the mighty google I am able to find answers/solutions to most my problems! but I am sure stuff will come up over the next coming months about maintenence/repair issues so we will see.
Old 12-22-04, 12:56 AM
Direct Hit Not Required

Bikes: Leopard DC1, Ridley X-Fire, GT Zaskar 9r

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Congrats on the marriage and the bike. You've got great friends for getting you a whole bike.
Old 12-22-04, 03:30 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's some cool friends!
Old 12-22-04, 03:36 PM

Bikes: Converted 1997 Trek Singletrack 930 singlespeed and a Kona Lavadome singlespeed, fixed Dahon folding bike, fixed 27" Miyata road bike, early 70's Raleigh Chopper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool friends indeed. And congrats on the marriage and the new bike. I could'ce inserted a bunch of jokes about some new riding and all that but decided I wouldn't, seeing as you're a newb and all.
Old 12-22-04, 03:49 PM
THC Freedom Fighter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j3rmz
I will desperately try to avoid being the annoying Newbie with all the lame questions but I will tell you half the reason I have been a "lurker" is because I just use the search function alot, between that, trial and errer, and the mighty google I am able to find answers/solutions to most my problems!.

you mean to tell me that you can find out on your own what size gear you should start off with and where to find those bullhorn bars at....who would of thought

best of luck on your marriage and i don't know how you're going to ever find the time to get out there on your new bike with wonderful friends like you have around....
Old 12-22-04, 03:57 PM

Bikes: 95 GT Force, 95 Gary Fisher Hookooekoo, 75 Takara fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j3rmz
yeah, I was so excited, I was planning on saving here and there over the next few months to slowly start piecing together my first true fixie. Apparently a bunch of my friends felt bad that we got all sorts of pots and pans and house type stuff for our wedding and none of the cool stuff we registered for (bike tools, REI stuff, etc...)

I will desperately try to avoid being the annoying Newbie with all the lame questions but I will tell you half the reason I have been a "lurker" is because I just use the search function alot, between that, trial and errer, and the mighty google I am able to find answers/solutions to most my problems! but I am sure stuff will come up over the next coming months about maintenence/repair issues so we will see.
Congrats on the wedding and good friends. And I applaud your use of the search function (on google and the forum). It solves most of my problems, but still a few things come up.