Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Sidi Dominator 5 or Sidi Eagle 5 or Giro Privateer?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12, 12:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im looking to buy one of these pairs of shoes. Any thoughts? Which would you recommend? I really like the WHITE privateers and eagle 5's but am worried they will get dirty and change color, will they? or should I go with black dominators? how easy are they to keep clean? Which ones fit better? Thanks all!
Old 03-19-12, 02:09 PM
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't know anything about those other shoes - I am a fan of Sidi Dominators. Have worn them for years and probably won't ever wear anything else.

1) they are the most comfortable of shoes, at least on my feet. Yes I have bought others; even some more expensive. I always go back to the Sidis.
2) they are easy to care for. I live in an area where part of the year there's mud and running water. The other part is sand and lose dirt. Even though the Sidi's are leather, I clean them by soaking in warm water which a hint of bleach and dry outside. They turn out fresh just like new. My current Dominators are about 4 years old and get alot of wear. They look battered but are still in good shape. Eventually the platforms wear out and I get new shoes.

I have a friend who is now making a big deal of wearing his Sidi until they fall apart. He's almost there. I think he has been wearing the shoes for almost 10 years.

Those other shoes may be just as good or better; but I definitely give thumbs up for the Dominator.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.
Old 03-19-12, 04:48 PM

Bikes: rocky mountain SLAYER!!!! trek, voodoo, surly, spot, bianchi, ibis

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by khalchin
I really like the WHITE privateers and eagle 5's but am worried they will get dirty and change color, will they? or should I go with black dominators? how easy are they to keep clean?

you are worrying you shoes with get dirty? um, are looking for the road forum? this is the mountain bike forum.

for what it's worth, for my road bike i wear sidi shoes and i love them they have lasted me forever.