Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi campione del mondo

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-12, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi campione del mondo

Hello!

I have a bike that was passed down to me some 15 years ago. I would like to get rid of it as it is taking up space in my garage but I do not now what to list it for. It is a Bianchi mountain bikie, has a sticker on it that says 1986-1987 Colorado Springs campione del mondo.

It has a stamped number on the bottom, not sure if it helps. 71217504

Any information on the bike would help.

Have a good day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
0325121641.jpg (95.8 KB, 100 views)
Old 03-25-12, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,829 Times in 1,995 Posts
There will be interest, but there is not a lot of Value. Especially as a Mountain Bike. Everybody almost off road wants suspension, at least in front. It could be set up as a dandy commuter.
The value really depends on the local market.
In Southern California, there would be interest under $100. and none at $200. And the guy calling at $100. will be expecting to pay $80.

The unfortunate fact is that mtbs get worn out, lose value fast. The lugged frame is nice, but it would be a commuter audience that would like that, but not be really willing to pay much as the wheels and drive train may need replacement. Grit wears things out FAST.
Old 03-25-12, 08:28 PM
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
The Campione del Mondo sticker was put on thousands of Bianchis after a rider won the World Championships in '86 so it has nothing to do with the value of the bike.

It looks like a '88 Alante' which was pretty lowend ATB with a ChroMoly frame but HiTen fork and lowend Suntour drive and noname brakes.
this bike also looks like it needs alot of TLC so I would agree somewhere around $80 is all I would pay.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 03-25-12, 08:55 PM
Constant tinkerer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 75 Posts
+1

Mountain bikes dive in value much more than road bikes. They have evolved so much, serious MTB'ers want the latest and greatest. This would however make an excellent commuter bike for someone. In this condition, needing a complete overhaul (grease, probably cables, etc.) $75 makes sense. Even at $100 I feel like it would get a lot less interest.
Old 03-25-12, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you!

Thank you both!!!

It really has been a nice bike for me for a long time but I've finally moved up to a Jamis mountain bike.

I put it on Craigslist and have already had two wanting to see it!!! ( I put it for $100 knowing I wont get that... ....)

Thank you again!!!!