Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

I was out riding...

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

I was out riding...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-05, 09:29 PM
Toyota Racing Dev.

Bikes: 2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was out riding...

I was riding along pedalling away and here comes this kid flying by in his car with his friend since there was a passenger. He screams "Lose some weight you fat arse" then he comes back by again and yells "That's one huge B*tch" So then I'm fed up at this point. I stop and dismount my bike. They come by again and I tell em to bring it and what do they do when I come at their car....they stomp the gas....buncha idiots. I'm out cycling enjoying myself and cycling (trying to lose some weight) and they yell at me....I hope they enjoyed spending their gas yelling at me!
Old 01-03-05, 09:34 PM
Now with suspension!

Bikes: '04 Giant XTC-2, '96 hardrock sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
People suck.
Old 01-03-05, 09:50 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm no psychologist, but I always figure that such behavior is a compensation for some personal deficiency.
Old 01-03-05, 10:10 PM
H23

Bikes: bianchi

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to the world of roadside harassment!

They want to get a rise out of you. Don't give them the pleasure, ignore them and instead use the surge of andrenaline for your legs.
Old 01-03-05, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 92 Posts
Best thing to do is keep your cool. There's always that small percentage of the population that are morons. One day, they'll mouth off to the wrong person and meet justice on the business end of a fist. Those guys will lose in the long run, the odds are against them.
Old 01-03-05, 10:17 PM
Work hard, Play hard

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Billy Brown
I'm no psychologist, but I always figure that such behavior is a compensation for some personal deficiency.

aha! I knew it
Old 01-03-05, 10:18 PM
Toyota Racing Dev.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I normally would shrug it off, but when I saw them coming back for a 3rd time and figured things would either be settled or they'd keep driving....most of the time I don't even respond. I just keep pedalling, but 3 times...they were asking for it
Old 01-03-05, 10:34 PM

Bikes: Lots

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MudPie
One day, they'll mouth off to the wrong person and meet justice on the business end of a fist. Those guys will lose in the long run, the odds are against them.

That's usually ME!

I get really pissed off by these characters. Whenever it happens to me, I let them know I think they're number 1! Then I do my best to chase them down. Funny thing is that when they see you coming after them, they always haul. Or maybe when they realize some 250 lb guy is chasing them down they haul.

Either way, they're jerks. Next time try chasing them, maybe you'll be fortunate enough to catch one at the next light and do what I did and pull the passanger out of the car by his hair! Pretty funny actually.

Wait wait, I'm a moderator, I'm not supposed to condone violence. Forget I told you that!

Just ignore them. Yeah rright!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
"Your Bike Sucks" - Sky Yaeger
Old 01-03-05, 10:40 PM
Toyota Racing Dev.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LoL. That's great.
Old 01-03-05, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by PWRDbyTRD
I normally would shrug it off, but when I saw them coming back for a 3rd time and figured things would either be settled or they'd keep driving....most of the time I don't even respond. I just keep pedalling, but 3 times...they were asking for it
Wow! Three times?!?!

In California, we have a "three strikes" law. They do it 3 times, you can then strike them. Who knows, you may run into them in town and you can refresh their memories by pummeling them.

BTW - I'm a pacifist.
Old 01-03-05, 11:14 PM
Work hard, Play hard

Bikes: Cannondale super V 500, Bianchi Piaggio(hopefully getting a new road bike when I get some money)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
really? We have a 3 strikes law? so if someone harasses me 3 or more times I can sock 'em one?

I thought 3 strikes had something to do with going to jail 3 times and then something happens. Like you can't have parole or something? huh...
Old 01-03-05, 11:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have my own 3 strike law. I count to three then I strike!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, What a Ride!" - unknown
Old 01-03-05, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by forum*rider
really? We have a 3 strikes law? so if someone harasses me 3 or more times I can sock 'em one?

I thought 3 strikes had something to do with going to jail 3 times and then something happens. Like you can't have parole or something? huh...
Yeah, you're interpretation of the law is correct. I was just messin'.
Old 01-03-05, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by a2psyklnut
I have my own 3 strike law. I count to three then I strike!
Or 3 strikes: You strike culprit hard, culprit's butt strikes ground, and culprit's head strikes ground.
Old 01-03-05, 11:34 PM
Shimano Certified

Bikes: 92 Giant Sedona ATX Custom

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
I know what youre sayin about the stupid car people. I like winter riding because the ammount of people with open windows is reduced by a lot. I don't get the fat jokes(I'm actually very thin) but I always get the whisles and 'honey' calls. Sometimes I just want to take my frame pump and say hello.

But I agree, they lack in something they want to mask. I know I could knock em flat and ride into the sunset if the opportunity presented itself. The meek person is the one excersizing the most power, I think Miyagi say...
Old 01-03-05, 11:37 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The meek shall inherit the earth....if that's o.k. with everyone.

J/k, I'm feeling a little hostile tonight I guess. I wrenched my back yesterday and I'm a bit agitated.

Sorry guys, I'm usually very passive.
Old 01-03-05, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's one thing to complain about a fat guy watching TV and eating potato chips, but complaining about a fat guy riding a bike is just plain moronic.
Old 01-03-05, 11:42 PM
Toyota Racing Dev.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow! Three times?!?!

In California, we have a "three strikes" law. They do it 3 times, you can then strike them. Who knows, you may run into them in town and you can refresh their memories by pummeling them.

BTW - I'm a pacifist.
3 Felonies and you go to jail forever is what I think it is.
Old 01-03-05, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Next time they yell at you to lose some weight, tell them to head back to school and get an education, then get a life. End by calling them a bunch of lazy losers.

I've done it before. I haven't been called a fat arse, but I've been harrassed on my bike, and at times like that, I come up with the foulest language that makes most people stop in their tracks. I also don't have a problem chasing them down, and if I catch them, I don't have a problem going up to their window and confronting them right in traffic. Funny thing, though. When I do confront them, it usually ends up with getting traffic blocked, and the cars behind me are usually mad at the DRIVER for harrassing me. I've never once had a car take the side of the idiot driver.

If that doesn't work, carry a bat. I'd call that self defense anyday.

Koffee

Old 01-03-05, 11:55 PM
Shimano Certified

Bikes: 92 Giant Sedona ATX Custom

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by notfred
It's one thing to complain about a fat guy watching TV and eating potato chips, but complaining about a fat guy riding a bike is just plain moronic.
Agreed. If anything compliment
Old 01-04-05, 12:29 AM
Work hard, Play hard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, you're interpretation of the law is correct. I was just messin'.

oh ok, I was thinking "Damn! I haven't heard of that law before!?!?"

PWRD, you should have stood up and slapped you're ass. For some reason that really enrages people
Old 01-04-05, 12:56 AM
Toyota Racing Dev.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hm...the ass slapping one is good, but a nice beat down would have been nice.
Old 01-04-05, 06:15 AM
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had something like that happen last week.My kids and I were out riding on thur.night when some punks come by a yell a#@hole! they had to stop at a light half a block up.I take off after them and when they see me coming up behind them they take off.Some people are morons!
Old 01-04-05, 07:34 AM
la vache fantôme

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yea i know how the harrasment goes. I remember the first time somebody shouted osmething to me from the road and i dont know it was a pensive time, i was new to riding on the road and i nearly jumped so high i almost fell of my bike . But now i get used to it, theres a lot of idiots in highschool with lousy driving.
Old 01-04-05, 08:09 AM
Withdrawal Symptoms!

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 2004 And identit Dr Jekyll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i get the same thing here... Theres always someone that doesnt like you being on the road, and usually its teenagers and young adults who are trying to show off.... Over here, once you hit 17 you buy a moped- well most people do- but i dont.. So they go round in packs of maybe 10- 15, and basically they mess up the whole road system over here.. They find it hilarious to scoot passed you with horn going at full whack and scare you ****less....

But, they thing that makes me laugh about it is that now that im alot fitter and faster than when i started, i find myself overtaking cars and scooters alot of the time... So, when they have to stop or have touble going up hill because they're so used to being sat on their fat asses, i speed passed them on my bike and just give em all a mouthful... And ride off... they cant catch you cos they're stuck, and you ride off with a huge smile on your face...

Sorted

But you cant do that with Cars, so I usually ignore them, lots of people give them the V, ive only ever done that once when i was in a REALLY bad mood, but that doesnt solve anything, you just provoke them...

Sorry to say, its something you have to learn to live with....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.