Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

LA - anyone up for riding together?

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-12, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So I've been solo biking for the past 3 months which, while fun, does get a wee bit boring at times and, sadly, none of my friends are much into biking. So I'm curious if any of the LA locals would be up for getting together and going exploring!

I am located literally between El Sereno and Alhambra, and frequently bike up to Pasadena, San Gabriel, all those neighboring areas. I got a hybrid (= pavement) and I'm down for either a fast and intense ride, or a casual just-for-fun stroll around, maybe with a lunch or a coffee+cake stop somewhere (after all, the area is the Cafe and Boba Tea paradise!) Anyone's up for that?

(oh and also, if anyone can recommend any good cycling groups in the area let me know too, haven't had much luck with Meetup in that department so far).

Last edited by Koobazaur; 06-08-12 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-09-12, 12:15 AM

Bikes: '11 Fuji SL1 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im down. except for when it's too hot out. im a wuss when it comes to heat.

if you're in alhambra... azusa shouldn't be too far.

the rio hondo - LA river path - long beach - seal beach - san gabriel path - rio hondo is my fav route. although... i haven't been there since the heat came in.

that's around 60+ miles of almost uninterrupted bike trail.
Old 06-09-12, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
My bro and I are taking Rio Hondo to Seal Beach this afternoon
Old 06-09-12, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Baldwin Hills which is in mid LA east of Culver City. I am free weekday evenings after 8pm and anytime weekends. sundays i usually do the West LA Cycling group ride (see meetup.com) from Marina Del Rey to Palos Verdes and back. I do some of the Flying Pigeon bike store group rides (google to find that), they are right in your area in the Eagle Rock/ Highland Park area. I do some riding on my own. For me to ride in your area with you would take advance planning, I would likely drive there with my bike. I schedule my time in advance. You can email me at gary in la at aol dot com. I am looking for rides 20+ miles plus so i get some excercise. Has to be within the time slots i say above.

Last edited by GaryinLA; 06-10-12 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-09-12, 08:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vermilionx
im down. except for when it's too hot out. im a wuss when it comes to heat.
the rio hondo - LA river path - long beach - seal beach - san gabriel path - rio hondo is my fav route. although... i haven't been there since the heat came in.
Haha, no I feel you, I've started avoiding biking mid-day as its just way too hot most of the time where are you located? i'd be down to meet and take on one of these paths; I havent explored any of them yet. I was thinking of biking down to Long Beach some day.

Originally Posted by Elvo
My bro and I are taking Rio Hondo to Seal Beach this afternoon
Ah crap I was out the whole day :| when's your next ride planned and any chance you'd be a bit more up north?

Originally Posted by GaryinLA
I live in Baldwin Hills which is in mid LA east of Culver City. I am free weekday evenings after 8pm and anytime weekends. sundays i usually do the West LA Cycling group ride (see meetup.com) from Marina Del Rey to Palos Verdes and back. I do some of the Flying Pigeon bike storth my e group rides (google to find that), they are right in your area in the Eagle Rock/ Highland Park area. I do some riding on my own. For me to ride in your area with you would take advance planning, I would likely drive there with my bike. I schedule my time in advance. You can email me at gary in la at aol dot com. I am looking for rides 20+ miles plus so i get some excercise. Has to be within the time slots i say above.
I usually bike 10-20 miles myself, getting a good hour, hour and a half workout, but wouldnt mind going longer if I had a fun person to do it with. I know about the West LA group but its too far from me - I dont have a car so getting there would literally be a 2hr+ endavour by buses, plus another to get back; i'd rather just spend that time biking :x
Old 06-10-12, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You missed the monthly Art N Spoke ride put on by the Flying Pigeon bike store and Bike Oven. It is the 2nd Sat night of every month. I was on it. It's about 15 miles total but i rode to/from home that added another 20+ miles.
Old 06-10-12, 08:34 AM

Bikes: '11 Fuji SL1 Pro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im the san fernando valley. so getting to azusa, i always drive there.

but yeah, if the weather stays no more than 75 deg. i wanna go do that 65 miler again.