Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

The Petition for Lance has started

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-12, 12:26 PM
Cat 5 field stuffer

Bikes: Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

If you're so inclined please join me!

https://wh.gov/hh8
Old 06-14-12, 12:41 PM

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I firmly believe in the principle of "innocent until proven guilty". By the same token, I am loath to pass judgement, good or bad, based on questionable information disseminated by an untrustworthy media. I'll let the jury with access to the relevant facts make a determination, and temper my opinion of the outcome with the knowledge that Lance can afford the best representation.
Old 06-14-12, 12:41 PM

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in. #321. Don't care if he "did" or "did not." Stop wasting resources and money.
Old 06-14-12, 01:29 PM

Bikes: n + 1

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadTired
...Don't care if he "did" or "did not." Stop wasting resources and money.
+1,000
Old 06-14-12, 03:44 PM
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by volosong
+1,000
There you go. Do we really have nothing better to do than set the Federal Government on Lance?

For the record, I don't think he's clean. Smoke, fire and all that. You do this in another country, you serve your two year ban, you're back on the bike. Only in the good ol' USA are we lighting the torches and arming the peasants with pitchforks.

I...don't....care....
Old 06-14-12, 03:53 PM

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
There you go. Do we really have nothing better to do than set the Federal Government on Lance?

For the record, I don't think he's clean. Smoke, fire and all that. You do this in another country, you serve your two year ban, you're back on the bike. Only in the good ol' USA are we lighting the torches and arming the peasants with pitchforks.

I...don't....care....
In terms of this bigger picture, +1. I put up my pitchfork long ago.
Old 06-14-12, 04:03 PM

Bikes: ParleeZ5/Parlee Chebacco/Trek Farley/Cannondale Slice/Burley Tandem

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Who cares, the only people I admire enough to consider roll models or idols all belong to my family.
Old 06-14-12, 04:41 PM
Climbers Apprentice

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I car because it's just blatant waste.

Its like tiger, I didn't
personally care if he was blinking well trimmed goats, I just wanted to watch him play golf

I just want to see lance ride.
Old 06-14-12, 05:42 PM

Bikes: Trek 4300

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
at the risk of starting a Political war,

why is a government investigating a sport issue? Isn't that like the AFP investigating me for cheating on a Xbox game o.O ( different scope i know )

just seems like a waste of tax money to me ...

Last edited by tergal; 06-14-12 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-14-12, 06:05 PM

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD-10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tergal
at the risk of starting a Political war,

why is a government investigating a sport issue? Isn't that like the AFP investigating me for cheating on a Xbox game o.O ( different scope i know )

just seems like a waste of tax money to me ...
More importantly, why is the US government investigating things that happened in a sporting event in France?
Old 06-14-12, 06:20 PM
Climbers Apprentice

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Pete 1982
More importantly, why is the US government investigating things that happened in a sporting event in France?
7 years ago
Old 06-14-12, 06:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vesteroid
7 years ago

Up hill.... In the snow
Old 06-14-12, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The USADA is NOT a federal agency.
Old 06-14-12, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Both ways.
Old 06-14-12, 07:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bnb69
Both ways.
Naked !!!!

Last edited by tergal; 06-14-12 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-14-12, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by paisan
The USADA is NOT a federal agency.
"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is the national anti-doping organization for the Olympic movement in the United States. The U.S. Congress recognized USADA as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States."

Is Lance trying out for the US Olympic team? The Pan-American games? Is he a paralympic athlete? Since the answer is probably a resounding "no" to each of these questions, why in the hell is the USADA going after Lance?
Old 06-14-12, 07:38 PM

I'm not even convinced O.J. "did it". All I can say for certain is that the prosecution did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

Going after L.A. for an old issue like this reeks of "law and order" politics.
Old 06-14-12, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IndianaRecRider
"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is the national anti-doping organization for the Olympic movement in the United States. The U.S. Congress recognized USADA as the official anti-doping agency for Olympic, Pan American and Paralympic sport in the United States."

Is Lance trying out for the US Olympic team? The Pan-American games? Is he a paralympic athlete? Since the answer is probably a resounding "no" to each of these questions, why in the hell is the USADA going after Lance?
My original comment was only to correct all of the posters who incorrectly stated that the USADA is a part of the federal government.
Since you want "resounding answers" yet have only done a cursory look at wikipedia without doing your own research I will help you out.

from the USADA website: "USADA is the independent anti-doping agency for Olympic related sport in the United States."

Did you catch the part that's missing from Wikipedia? The key word is "related". What that means is any sport that falls under the IOC (cycling for example) and in turn the UCI(which is the world governing body for cycling)and USA Cycling is subject to the rules/regulations of the USADA and WADA. This doesn't mean only the athletes participating in the olympics, Pan-Am games, and paralympics.

For the record I still remember staying up all night to watch his first tour win during the half hour of cycling that ESPN and ABC were nice enough to randomly show us in the middle of the night and early morning. I remember reading the updates via message traffic when I was on deployment during his second win. By the time of his third win outdoor life channel( versus.. well NBC sports now) was showing the tour daily and we all used to go to my friends shop and watch the broadcast after our group rides. I remember all of the "what would lance do" jokes, the sudden increase in road cycling, the unbelievable amount of Treks that seemed to be on every ride. I was as much of a fan as the next guy and I will be dissapointed if it was all a farce. But, in my opinion if he cheated he deserves to pay his price. Period.
Old 06-14-12, 09:26 PM

Bikes: n + 1

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
What I don't understand is that in the letter from the USADA to LA and "his team", they state that he is innocent until he has been proven guilty. Okay, that's our system, but why can he not participate in the Nice Ironman that takes place about a week and a half? He's been there, training and riding/running the course in preparation. The organization that handles Ironman says that anyone under investigation cannot compete. Well ... he's been under investigation for about ten years now. Just stupid.
Old 06-14-12, 10:40 PM
The Left Coast, USA

Bikes: Bulls, Bianchi, Koga, Trek, Miyata

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
I'm sorry...but how stupid to petition the White House about the USADA/IOC/UCI; non-profit, non-governmental agencies & international associations.

This is a disciplinary activity of "clubs", not government acts. They can do whatever they want, including accepting bribes from Lance Armstrong to hide his doping, which was the accusation against the UCI following the 2001 Tour de Suisse.

Seeing Lance's act on political tv, I suspect he's whining the Obama administration is out to get him.

Move over Barry, Lance needs a seat.

Last edited by FrenchFit; 06-14-12 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-14-12, 11:38 PM

Bikes: 2016 Niner RLT Steel, 2015 GT Grade Carbon 105, 2014 NS Bikes Eccentric, 2013 Norco Sight Killer B-1

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My original comment was only to correct all of the posters who incorrectly stated that the USADA is a part of the federal government.
While the USADA is not a federal agency, the vast amount of their revenue is from federal grants, as per their own website published audit HERE. They received almost 20 million dollars total of taxpayer money for the two years shown of 2009 and 2010. The main sticking point for me is that our tax dollars are being used in this manner regardless of if it is controlled directly by the government or not. The other point to me is, if they are going to use old samples to strip Lance of his titles, then they need to go back and test everyone else's sample for the TDF for the years mentioned. We might find out that everybody in the top 40 was dirty and have winners that nobody really remembers. I really hope he was clean, but if not, let everyone else be tested by the same measure, in all fairness to him and the sport.
Old 06-15-12, 12:17 AM

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD-10

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since you want "resounding answers" yet have only done a cursory look at wikipedia without doing your own research I will help you out.

from the USADA website: "USADA is the independent anti-doping agency for Olympic related sport in the United States."

Did you catch the part that's missing from Wikipedia? The key word is "related". What that means is any sport that falls under the IOC (cycling for example) and in turn the UCI(which is the world governing body for cycling)and USA Cycling is subject to the rules/regulations of the USADA and WADA. This doesn't mean only the athletes participating in the olympics, Pan-Am games, and paralympics.

For the record I still remember staying up all night to watch his first tour win during the half hour of cycling that ESPN and ABC were nice enough to randomly show us in the middle of the night and early morning. I remember reading the updates via message traffic when I was on deployment during his second win. By the time of his third win outdoor life channel( versus.. well NBC sports now) was showing the tour daily and we all used to go to my friends shop and watch the broadcast after our group rides. I remember all of the "what would lance do" jokes, the sudden increase in road cycling, the unbelievable amount of Treks that seemed to be on every ride. I was as much of a fan as the next guy and I will be dissapointed if it was all a farce. But, in my opinion if he cheated he deserves to pay his price. Period.
OK fair enough, but then isn't this whole situation about the same as if Major League Soccer (US pro soccer) started testing players from Manchester United for things they supposedly did 7 years ago? I could somewhat understand all this if it was the actual Tour de France officials or the UCI going after him.
Old 06-15-12, 12:50 AM
Banned.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Pro forum.
Old 06-15-12, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 90 Posts

Just for the record, I didn't do a "cursory look at wikipedia." I clicked on the link provided, which took me to the USADA website. I just quoted what was on the front page of their own website.

Last edited by Cyclist0084; 06-15-12 at 08:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-16-12, 07:20 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whole thread is a moronic waste of band width.. norm around here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.