Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Thought this would be an easy Raleigh ID...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-12, 04:21 AM

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 937 Posts

Some people have accused me of being lucky when it comes to finding old bicycles. Generally, what I do to find old bikes has nothing to do with luck. I work hard (well, I used to) to find old bikes, following and combining my How To Find A Vintage Bicycle procedures. But there are times, and probably lots of them where good old Lady Luck adds here charm to the situation.

On Saturday, my best friend and I were out and about for breakfast, my once a week luxury outing. After breakfast, I said, "Let's do a bit of Yard Sailing", to which he said "OK".

It has been two years since I purposely went Yard Sailing. These days, I get enough bikes without going out and physically beating the bushes. Anyway...

Stopped off at a cash machine, grabbed a hundred bucks, and headed up the road. A few blocks later, we see our first Yard Sale sign. Pulling up in front of the Yard Sale location, I could not help but notice an old bike, a roadster to be precise. As I walked up to the event, I noticed it was an old Raleigh. But what kind?

I asked for identification help in the proper forum, and not one answer. OK, no issue but I am still interested since I really like this old bike. So, unless this thread gets moved, what do I have...

The bike is in great shape and working perfectly, sort of. The light, squeeze horn and even the electric horn all work...

Old 06-18-12, 04:45 AM
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 177 Posts
Looks like a sprite to me
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)