Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Up and Down

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-12, 08:42 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Up and Down

Promised months ago That I would post my favourite section of one of my rides

.be
Video does not show it but this 2 mile section has plenty of short sharp rises and finishes up with a 20% for the final 200 yards or so. Sorry it is long (5 1/2 mins) but it seems a lot less when you ride it.

Taken on the Drift X170 camera and I just hope there are better video cameras about. I am not impressed with this one.

Spike Milligan
Old 07-24-12, 08:58 AM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Thanks for the vid Stap, that was neat hearing the gear changes as you began each ascent. Sounded and looked as if you maintained a pretty good clip while climbing. Beautiful shady lane to ride on too.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 07-24-12, 09:30 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Will have to get on strava as that 20% towards the end--just nips in at 30% Slow ride but just wanted to check the camera and I hope there are better ones about. Sound reproduction is bad- and battery life is not good. It does not have an L Ion battery and the rechargables have to be the higher value ones. Started with fully charged ones and The next clip ran out of battery life. So If I am asked an opinion on the Drift X170----- it is not good enough. My digital camera takes better videos than this and with better sound aswell.

Also first ride with the Garmin 500 and will have to get the screens set up for me. Easier to read than the 305 but there is a delay on registering gradient. Flat roads seem to show a negative gradient and when you do start a slope- you know when you are going uphill- it takes a while to get above "0" gradient.

Spike Milligan
Old 07-24-12, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Neat video. Makes me want to move to England.

Audio for moving video takes some special equipment. You need an external stereo microphone with a good wind sock on it, which requires more of a commitment to making video than I want to get into on a bike ride.
Old 07-24-12, 07:21 PM

Bikes: Trek Pilot 5.9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for posting the video, Stapfam. I always enjoy it when 50+ riders post photographs and videos of their rides.

You were moving at a pretty good clip during sections of this video.

The countryside with the tall hedgerows is pretty. I wish I could find roads with as little motor traffic as the one on this video.