Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Cycling Torrent Sites?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-12, 12:34 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cycling Torrent Sites?

Anyone know of any good cycling torrent sites where i can view/watch/record full races?
Old 07-31-12, 04:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
steephill.tv has good links for live coverage. Otherwise, TPB has lots of full length events posted.

If there is some kind of supercool underground collection that I've been missing, please let me know
Old 04-05-14, 08:23 AM

Bikes: Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
just so anyone searching on the term will find it more easily...
CyclingTorrents.nl equires you to upload/seed an amount equal to the download which will be tough for some folks. It becomes important to download things as soon as they appear so you can actually seed files properly otherwise there will be nobody to seed to and your ratio will never get up to snuff.

Last edited by digibud; 04-05-14 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-05-14, 03:16 PM

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Moved from General Cycling to Pro.

Forum Guidelines *click here*
Old 04-06-14, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by digibud
CyclingTorrents.nl equires you to upload/seed an amount equal to the download which will be tough for some folks. It becomes important to download things as soon as they appear so you can actually seed files properly otherwise there will be nobody to seed to and your ratio will never get up to snuff.
This!

Old 04-06-14, 03:07 PM

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digibud
Oh... so if you're seeding something, you get "uploading" credit if someone seeds off of you, and the "seeding bonus points" for every hour you seed?

I'm a rather new member and have been struggling to maintain a ratio. If that's the case, I'll jump on Paris-Roubaix next week for upload credit. Plus, I'm sure I'm going to want that file anyway.
Old 04-06-14, 03:47 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
that's correct. What it means, essentially, is that you need to upload as much as you download. The seeding bonus isn't terribly important. Eventually you'll earn some extra credit but on a day to day basis it's not terribly important. What is important is that after you download, say 500mb or a couple of gigs, you allow your bit torrent client to continue to run...and run...and run...sometimes for days. If you start to pull down a torrent that is brand new then you will have a lot of people seeding from you and you may be able to get the important 1:1 ration in a short time. If, however you pull down something old you may never be able upload that same amount. As you start out it's very useful to keep a close eye on new uploads and pull them down immediately and allow your bittorrent client to remain active and upload much more than you downloaded. That will give you a bit of a buffer to keep you in good standing when you need to pull something down that is old. If you were to only go to the site and try to pull down old stuff all the time it would simply nto work well. The system rewards early downloaders and frequent users. Note that some uploads will remain inactive for hours and hours..sometimes days until somebody comes along to download it. I'm no expert but I note that if you turn off your client when you restart it can be hard to get uploads to start again so it's beneficial to just let things continue. At least that's my experience. Best of luck.
Old 04-06-14, 05:23 PM

Bikes: '12 CAAD10 3, '88 Raleigh Talon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you. It appears I have gone about this wrong. I've downloaded 3 or 4 of the Top 10, and also downloaded a Paris Roubaix from a few years ago and the Tour of Missouri from 2009. I think the last is getting me the most credit. There are 4 leechers and no seeders, and I am at the highest completion.

I'll keep an eye out for the Paris Roubaix torrents for next week.
Old 04-06-14, 09:20 PM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
No problem. Just leave your computer on and let files continue to seed until you've uploaded as much as you've downloaded and when you download a file that seeds/uploads at a good rate then let it rip for a while to build your ratio a bit. That way when you run into a download file that -doesn't- provide you with upload action it won't mean having to keep it connected forever.
Old 04-07-14, 08:12 AM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Yeah, the older items on the site don't get as many hits. I find jumping on the races within the first day or two works best at keeping your ratio up. If you get on them early enough, you can seed more than you downloaded and get a ratio better than 1:1 which will help clean up the older ones you grabbed. I have a cheap laptop that I leave on all the time with utorrent running.

For the most part, you'll be fine even with a low ratio if you stay on them. If they see people grabbing from the site and then not attempting to seed anything, they will ban them.

Another way to get your ratio up is to hit the freeleech torrents. They usually say "free" in red on the description. For example the huge 3gb webrip of ronde van vlaanderen (tour of flanders) is a freeleech torrent, so you can grab it without hurting your ratio and all the seeding you do is a bonus. Plus its a good race and is still getting a lot of hits.

Old 09-29-15, 04:14 AM
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5721 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Can anyone invite me to this cycling torrents site? I'd like to find torrents of all the events from worlds so I can save all of them for future trainer sessions. Thanks!
Old 09-29-15, 07:04 AM

Bikes: 2010 Trek Madone 5.5 CAAD9

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You don't have to be invited to cyclingtorrents.nl just sign up. Also the Men's race in on there in HD for free, meaning it doesn't count against your ratio. I highly recommend this site, you can get almost every race from here, I prefer the Eurosport recordings. Use Vuze to download torrents, if you have any questions, let me know.
Old 09-29-15, 07:14 AM
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by WCroadie
You don't have to be invited to cyclingtorrents.nl just sign up. Also the Men's race in on there in HD for free, meaning it doesn't count against your ratio. I highly recommend this site, you can get almost every race from here, I prefer the Eurosport recordings. Use Vuze to download torrents, if you have any questions, let me know.
Last I knew, CT.nl open registrations closed back in TdF and is invite only
Old 09-29-15, 09:03 AM
Serious Cyclist

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
Last I knew, CT.nl open registrations closed back in TdF and is invite only
Exactly. If one of you guys could PM me if you have invites, I'll send you my email address. I'd really appreciate it!
Old 09-29-15, 09:14 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dan333SP
Exactly. If one of you guys could PM me if you have invites, I'll send you my email address. I'd really appreciate it!
Huh, I had no idea
Gimme your email, I will invite you
Old 09-29-15, 09:25 AM
Serious Cyclist

Sent, thanks WCroadie!

I hope these torrents aren't the NBCSN feed, I watched some of the U23 road race on their live streaming site this morning and it's painful to hear (Phil/Paul?) referring to "Grovenor's Street" and CVdV having a hard time saying anything coherent.
Old 09-29-15, 10:16 AM

Bikes: Too many.

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 86 Posts
Sent, thanks WCroadie!

I hope these torrents aren't the NBCSN feed, I watched some of the U23 road race on their live streaming site this morning and it's painful to hear (Phil/Paul?) referring to "Grovenor's Street" and CVdV having a hard time saying anything coherent.
It's an international site. You'll have your choice of languages and commentators.

Old 09-29-15, 10:28 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bad news, I just tried to get an invite code and I keep getting - Error No invites ! I'll keep trying.
Old 09-29-15, 10:40 AM
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Originally Posted by WCroadie
Bad news, I just tried to get an invite code and I keep getting - Error No invites ! I'll keep trying.
AFAIK CT.nl doesn't yet have an invite system in place...something they've been working on but not yet implemented. BRB, I'll ask in CT online chat...
Old 09-29-15, 02:11 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I have a 1.7 ratio and over 80k seeding bonus points...I'd imagine I'd have a few invites after that, but I can't find anything that says "invite".

Old 09-29-15, 02:16 PM
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I have a 1.7 ratio and over 80k seeding bonus points...I'd imagine I'd have a few invites after that, but I can't find anything that says "invite".
Last I saw an announcement in August they didn't have invites up yet although registration was closed then. Haven't gotten an answer from the mod squad on CT yet.
Old 09-29-15, 02:23 PM
Serious Cyclist

Thanks for checking on this, guys. If anything changes please let me know. I frequent an auto racing torrent site that is basically identical to this cycling thing, except the invite system works if you've uploaded more than a certain amount of data.
Old 09-29-15, 02:27 PM
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Thanks for checking on this, guys. If anything changes please let me know. I frequent an auto racing torrent site that is basically identical to this cycling thing, except the invite system works if you've uploaded more than a certain amount of data.
The invite thing became necessary as the tracker system was originally implemented when no one conceived of more than 75,000 users of it...well CT.nl clicked over 75,000 registered users in the middle of TdF this year.
Old 09-29-15, 08:48 PM
smelling the roses

Bikes: 79 Trek 930, 80 Trek 414, 84 Schwinn Letour Luxe (coupled), 92 Schwinn Paramount PDG 5

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 7081 Post(s)
Liked 901 Times in 612 Posts
I just got the invite only message a minute ago.

Old 09-30-15, 12:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
Can you guys maybe help me out with some torrents with real life video's ???

Because i also cant register on cyclingtorrents and they dont respond to any of my emails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.