Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

aero bars revisited

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

aero bars revisited

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-02, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
aero bars revisited

Just put Profile Air Stryke (sp) on my Sirrus Pro. They look very cool but I think it will take a little getting used to. Any hand movement is magnified quite a bit when down on the bars but it is definitely more aerodynamic. I think I'll take it to a track and try it there. At the moment, it's a little scarey on the road. Anyone else use these or similar item?

Last edited by Stor Mand; 05-02-02 at 01:11 PM.
Old 05-02-02, 01:26 PM
The Female Enduro

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yup, I use the Profile Century bars. It's the same model, but the pads stay in place instead of swinging up. You definitely want to make sure you're comfortable in them, and feel safe before going real fast. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get used to them, and they'll be no problem. I'm a seasoned pro on aero bars now (especially on the track!), I ride the pursuit on the track and always use them for road time trials. But, when I first rode them, it was a little scary.
Old 05-02-02, 03:15 PM
opinionated SOB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have some Profile aero bars out in the shed. I should put them up for sale on eBay and see how much I can get for them.