Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Michigan Shoreline West

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Michigan Shoreline West

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 03:17 PM
Road Runner

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR5, 2013 Specialized Crosstrail, 2020 Specialized Vado 4.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Michigan Shoreline West

Anyone going on the Shoreline West tour next week? I did it in 2010 and will just be doing the 3-day option (Traverse City to Mackinaw) this year. I'm actually going up on Tuesday so I can ride the Mission Peninsula loop on Wednesday (the "layover" day), which I missed last time since I needed the rest!

I usually do these events alone since I like to ride at my own pace, stop when and where I like, and to be able to watch the scenery instead of other bikes. But this year there was a group of about 8 who were all going to ride it, so I figured I'd give it a try. Well, four of them have dropped out for various good reasons ranging from pregnancy to a recent crash, and the ones left are guys that I don't know well and really don't care to ride with.

So after trying to be sociable for once, looks like I'll end up solo once again! Unless there are other 50+ers, that is. Look for me in the Bubba Zone.