Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

from cargo to vintage road bike

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-12, 04:37 AM

Bikes: pogliaghi 1981, pogliaghi 1992, Puch (austro daimler) vent noir I,II & Mixte, Motta, Cinelli SC, Cinelli Mixte 1962, Peugeot PX 10, Masi Special 1975 (?) , Mercier 1950ish, Colnago Pista 1977, Colnago Mater Piu 1992, KTM Strada S, Scapin Pista.....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hello there,

just posted a thread in the classic/vintage forum.....should have done the introduction first. sorry for that.

i have never been good with online introductions, so i just stick to the dry facts. end 30s austrian, love vintage bikes.

i have been collecting only for a couple of years, found my way to vintage roadbikes through japanese cargo bikes and some very strange coincidences mostly during my time in japan. got to know some very very well informed and amazingly skilled people, as well as collectors with an incredible stock of vintage bikes & parts (and, for what it`s worth, a seemingly never ending budget...). unfortunately i can`t count myself among them, but enjoy it maybe even more. i am not looking for a particular bike, and prefer waiting till one of the many particular bikes finds me - garage sale, ebay, junkyard, friends.... wherever. big names are nice, but not everything. i usually ride a Puch Vent Noir I and sometimes Vent Noir II, a Pogliaghi Classico from 1992 (yeah...the Basso-made one...), or one of my folding bikes (Bickerton, Duemila....). other bikes "in store" would be a motta personal, Cinelli SC and an old Pogliaghi with a non-pogliaghi fork.....and some other bikes for special occasions.

will try to upload some pics from my little collection later on.

oh, the reason i never registred so far, is ...... no particular reason , actually. just a time problem, i guess.

hopefully can be of use from time to time!

christophe N.
Old 08-31-12, 05:59 AM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Hey Christophe,

Welcome to Bike Forums.

Old 08-31-12, 10:42 AM
Flat Ire

Bikes: Trek 1100, DeRosa Idol

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It would be interesting to see vintage road bikes from Europe. The US was a late-comer in the manufacture of road bikes, so you probably have a much better source of vintage road bikes there.