Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Florida.

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Florida.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-12, 10:06 PM

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi from Florida.

I've just noticed the forum, after many months of looking and researching things online, and realising the advice seems to all lead back here.

I'm basically a hybrid (flat bar road bike) paved trails rider now, and a mountain biker/off road woods trail rider too. I've only recently got into the hybrid, and I'm liking it a lot.
I've also got a vintage "Kent" cruiser (that I use pretty regularly) as well as a BMX, but we don't need to go there. We have almost built (me along with my biking buddy) a long wheelbase low rider 2 wheeler recumbent. I say almost, because at the moment, it's still a work in progress.

Looking forward to getting to know a few of you, and basically getting some good advice on building up to riding more and getting the most out of it.

Cheers for now!
Old 09-24-12, 11:57 PM
Formerly Known as Newbie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Cheers, welcome to Bike Forums. Sounds like you have interests in several subforums. Enjoy!

--J

Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?

Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
Community guidelines
Old 09-25-12, 01:11 PM

Bikes: '09 Diamondback Insight 1, '05 Trek 3700 ( now a hybrid street/cross trail bike), (Vintage model) Kent Supreme 10 speed road cruiser, BMX (just for fun), Trek Multitrack 720 and a homebuilt recumbent low-rider.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi and thanks.
Yes, I have a few interests . The BMX is only for a bit of fun really, I really don't ride it much except in the yard at home. I'm getting much more into the hard paved trails and local streets on the hybrid now, hopefully we'll be able to do more offroading trails (mountain bike, obviously) when the weather cools.