Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

help me identify a MTB with sponsor logos?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am looking to purchase a MTB due to my size (275#), and get into cycling for the excercise and fun.

Because my budget is limited, I am reduced to looking for used bikes, and have been cruising thrift stores as well as looking at used bikes in ads.

I have seen a ton of bikes, and most are just junk. However, I just ran across a beautiful bike that is my size and in virtually new condition. The problem is this: I cannot identify it. I do not want to buy a xmart bike if I don't have to. I suspect that it is not a xmart bike because of the quality, fit, finish and components. I am not an expert, so I am asking folks out there for help.

I suspect it MAY be a custom bike with company/sponsor logo's. Regrettably, I did not have enought time to examine in detail, but here is some info:

It is welded, steel frame (I think). It has a front suspension. It is marked on the downtube KAN BIKES, and on the fork, SJ ENTERPRISES. It says DESIGNED IN US and has an abundance of flags. It is also marked SHIMANO on the main horizontal tube. The shifters seem to be built into the grips with SRAM markings. It is 24 speed. The rims are alloy and very beautiful. There was an abundance of markings on the handlebars, which I do not remember. They seemed to be of a pro style, not just to impress kids .

Can anyone give me an indication of the maker, or desireability? I have searched the internet and could find no information on the peculiar names on the bike.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 01-25-05, 04:15 PM
I drink your MILKSHAKE

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Rockhopper FSR Comp, 1999 Specialized Hardrock Comp FS, 1971 Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Whenever it has Shimano markings that are that pronounced rest assured that it's a cheap POS with a bunch of stickers. Also a search on SJ ENTERPRISES on google turned up nothing, further emphasising my earlier statement of POS status.
Old 01-25-05, 04:48 PM
I couldn't car less.

Bikes: Ritchey P-series prototype, Diamondback, Nishiki Triathelon Pro.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you are looking @ older mtb's, perhaps get familiar with them. Good site.

https://www.firstflightbikes.com/atb.htm