Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Baby Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-05, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Baby Seat

Do you guys think it would be ok to put a baby seat on a Surly Cross Check? It would be a rare thing since I normally pull him in a trailer, but he asks to be in the seat everynow and then. Also what size tires do you think I would need to do this safely?

P.S.
He is about 35lbs

Thanks
Matt
Old 02-01-05, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
35 lbs is pretty big. I personally use the Burley Trailer because (to me) it seems much safer. The bike can flip and still keep the trailer upright. Not so w/ a baby seat. And a baby seat tends to make the bike top heavy, which can be tricky to maneuver, especially w/ a 35 lb kid.

My 2 year old is about the same size. Perhaps it's time for the kid's own bike? I got my kid a Specialized Hot Rock, 12" frame. She's still figuring out how to pedal.