Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

C2 Rower challenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-12, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
C2 Rower challenge

I know some of you guys/gals row and have mentioned some great short distance times. If you have access to one, you should be using it as its a fantastic way to increase your GPP. Sprint rowing is about as good as it gets in taxing the body and unlike cycling, big bodies do quite well in rowing If endurance is your event, post up a 5000m or better. Any distance - post up your times. Only times from today on count.

From tonight:

3000m (started too fast on a 5000m challenge) - 10:19

100m - 15.9

250m - 39.8
Old 12-22-12, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
No no no no no no no. Too many memories of sitting and sweating on those things. My final year as a single sculls rower was Rob Wadell's first year in the same event. (https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rower...rds/world-2000) Nothing like peaking for an event and the world champion and record holder turning up to a regatta. FWIW my best time over 2k was 6:14; that just​ got me a seat in a University boat.
General observation is that rowers have massive engines and are very strong athletes for their build but leg speed and "jump" aren't always the greatest.
Old 12-23-12, 10:30 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice, a big time taker Waddell's 2000m time is pretty amazing - rowing is definitely a sport that favors long levers (6'7" Waddell). You got me beat on the 2000m - my best is 6:38. I agree with your assessment of rowing, but, IMO, it's a fantastic way, like you said, to improve the engine, which can't hurt anybody.
Old 01-26-13, 09:45 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Minion1
No no no no no no no. Too many memories of sitting and sweating on those things. My final year as a single sculls rower was Rob Wadell's first year in the same event. (https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rower...rds/world-2000) Nothing like peaking for an event and the world champion and record holder turning up to a regatta. FWIW my best time over 2k was 6:14; that just​ got me a seat in a University boat.
General observation is that rowers have massive engines and are very strong athletes for their build but leg speed and "jump" aren't always the greatest.
Man you got it right on the "massive engines". Heres a pretty cool video similar to that outrageous Aussie track cyclist. The video is of Eric Murray, an olympic gold medalist from New Zealand, breaking the indoor rowing 1 hour record. Dude maintains a 190+ heart rate for 50 mins.

Last edited by maidenfan; 01-26-13 at 09:49 AM.