Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

It's been a great year. Thank you to all the C/A forum for the help and inspiration!

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

It's been a great year. Thank you to all the C/A forum for the help and inspiration!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-12, 08:01 PM

Bikes: Scott CR1 Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors here. I owe you all a debt I hope to repay with my continued participation in this part of the forum.

I started out on May 27th at 242 lbs and weighed in this morning at 196.6. This is a result of 2,410 miles with 71,594 feet of gain since starting out on May 27th with my hybrid, and now onto a road bike. Along the way I learned a lot about diet (still struggle with this at times), and the cycling lifestyle in general. None of it would have been possible without your help and input.

I hope there are many more miles for all of you.

Thank you again and keep pedaling!
Old 12-29-12, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice job Dad!

You should be very proud
Old 12-29-12, 08:16 PM
You gonna eat that?

Bikes: 1966 Raleigh DL-1 Tourist, 1973 Schwinn Varsity, 1983 Raleigh Marathon, 1994 Nishiki Sport XRS

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Wow, that's great!

I peaked at 235 lb. in September, but I'm down to 210 now.

I would also like to thank BF for their support. I hit a new high in annual mileage (I think) on today's ride with two other BFers.

I rode 37 miles today with nkfrench (middle) and Yo Spiff (right) and am sitting at exactly 4000 miles for the year.

Looking back at previous years, I guess the 4000 is my highest yearly total ever, almost 1000 miles more than last year (which was admittedly a disappointing year).

Originally Posted by bragi "However, it's never a good idea to overgeneralize."
Old 12-30-12, 08:19 AM

Bikes: Scott CR1 Elite

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie
Wow, that's great!

I would also like to thank BF for their support. I hit a new high in annual mileage (I think) on today's ride with two other BFers.

I rode 37 miles today with nkfrench (middle) and Yo Spiff (right) and am sitting at exactly 4000 miles for the year.

Looking back at previous years, I guess the 4000 is my highest yearly total ever, almost 1000 miles more than last year (which was admittedly a disappointing year).
Awesome!
Old 12-30-12, 08:34 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Doohickie
Wow, that's great!

Congratulations!

Old 12-30-12, 09:11 AM
Tractorlegs

Bikes: Schwinn Meridian Single-Speed Tricycle

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Dad 2 3
Just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors here. I owe you all a debt I hope to repay with my continued participation in this part of the forum.

I started out on May 27th at 242 lbs and weighed in this morning at 196.6. This is a result of 2,410 miles with 71,594 feet of gain since starting out on May 27th with my hybrid, and now onto a road bike. Along the way I learned a lot about diet (still struggle with this at times), and the cycling lifestyle in general. None of it would have been possible without your help and input.

I hope there are many more miles for all of you.

Thank you again and keep pedaling!
Dad 2 3 YOU ROCK!! Congratulations on your weight loss/health gains! Being 45 pounds lighter DO make a difference, doesn't it! Keep it up, Onward and Downward!
Old 12-30-12, 03:07 PM
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Congratulations Dad23! I'll fill out a request form and order you a pedestal... we'll mount it right up *there*

Impressive!