Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Kissimmee, Florida Bicycling

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Going to Kissimmee, Florida in Febuary and looking for places to bike. Is there bike paths or trails or both? Should I bring my road bike and mountain bike or both? Anyone know the area? Thanks in advance
Old 01-02-13, 06:57 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Knthomas,
Welcome to 50+ forum, hope you post more and please stick around. You should post you question in the Regional Forum, Southeast sub-forum, to get the most information. Some of our members in 50+ live in that area and should offer you some suggestions.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 01-02-13, 07:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Been lurking and learning for over a year. Decided to be more involved.
Old 01-02-13, 07:21 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
That would be great, the more diversity we have the more we can learn from each other about this great sport. Make sure you post in the "Special Thread for 50+ Riders", or something like that, in the sticky section at the top of the 50+ forum page. We love pictures here, the bike and of you riding, etc.

I'll go ahead and give you the orientation spiel: 1. Tell us your choice of post ride Pie, this is important in 50+ riding, 2. Schedule your colonoscopy as soon as possible, this is "tradition" here, 3. Get your shingles and flu shots, 4. Ride Safe and Ride Lots, 5. (For Dudelsacks benefit) Flip it and slam it

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 01-03-13, 04:54 AM

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome to the oldies but goodies area.
Old 01-03-13, 06:21 AM

Bikes: 2017 Colnago C-RS, 2012 Colnago Ace, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 85 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Try this web site as it should give you some good information about riding in Florida. Charles has ridden almost all of Florida's paved trails and has some decent reports and photos on the one's he has ridden. If he hasn't done any riding in that area, which I find hard to believe, he can direct you to someone that can help you. Enjoy your stay in Florida and if you happen to be on the west coast of Florida, get with me and I can tell you about all sorts of excellent areas to ride.

2017 Colnago C-RS
2012 Colnago Ace
2010 Giant Cypress
Old 01-03-13, 06:27 AM

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by knthomas40
Going to Kissimmee, Florida in Febuary and looking for places to bike. Is there bike paths or trails or both? Should I bring my road bike and mountain bike or both? Anyone know the area? Thanks in advance
Well, I can only speak for the road/hybrid one there are several great trails within an hour drive from Kissimmee. One of the best rail trails around is the West Orange trail in Winter Garden 22 miles, the Little Econ Greenway in Orlando 6 miles but a lot of fun, The General James A. Van Fleet State Trail 26 miles and of course my favorite and local trail the Withacoochee State Trail 46 miles. There are several others as well. You can check them all out at Traillink.com. What ever trails you pick you really can't go wrong. FL has some of the best trails and weather in the states. Enjoy your trip.
Old 01-03-13, 07:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John_V
Welcome to the forum. Try this web site as it should give you some good information about riding in Florida. Charles has ridden almost all of Florida's paved trails and has some decent reports and photos on the one's he has ridden. If he hasn't done any riding in that area, which I find hard to believe, he can direct you to someone that can help you. Enjoy your stay in Florida and if you happen to be on the west coast of Florida, get with me and I can tell you about all sorts of excellent areas to ride.
Went to website vast amount of info. Thanks for your input. Keith