Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Finally, finished singlespeed Giant twotoone

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 11:26 PM
The Red Lantern

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I finally finished my twotoone that I posted pieces of way back when. The Spot hubs never showed after three, yes three, months of waiting, so I got Pauls. I like the Pauls, the axle spacer/bolt makes it easy to get a disk wheel out with out screwing with the caliper or even the tension adjusters. I used Avid full metal jackets and bent the tubing with my brake line bender to get better angles and a cleaner look. Started with a 34/17 gear but had to drop to 32/17 to handle the single track. Everything works great, the IRC tubeless tires really hook up but don't feel draggy, the brakes are smooth and quiet, the Fox rlt100 is flat amazing. It weighs about 24.5 pounds with pedals and stuff. Grey and Curly like it to.

I am in the woods and I have gone crazy.
Old 02-12-05, 11:53 PM
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice looking ride! enjoy it. cute pups, too.

so basically an XTC frame purpose built as SS, yeah? rode an XTC SE1 frame for a while. faaaaaaast and light.