Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Riding out of the Glades...Naples,Fl to North Georgia...

Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Old 04-13-13, 04:47 AM
Armstrong

Bikes: Ridley Noah

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Anyone want to ride along? I will have sag.
Old 04-14-13, 06:38 AM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What is your route / planned stops? Some may want to join for some portion of the ride.
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike
Old 04-14-13, 11:39 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rough route from Naples, Fl to Rome,Ga...31,,663/661,,old 37/37,,98,,301,,Withlacoochee,,Hwy 19 and then roughly follow Martha Berry Hwy/27 to Rome..
Old 04-14-13, 01:29 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Bikes: 2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wow. So is this a 600k brevet or do you plan on stopping?
BICYCLE - [[I]bahy-si-kuhl] - Noun :> A medical device used to correct the common geriatric condition of OFS, (Old, Fat & Slow), in a manner that does not induce brain-decaying boredom like walking or running.

2005 Trek T2000 tandem, Giant TCR, Eddie Merckx Majestic Ti, Fuji Team, Giant Revel 29er, Windsor Clockwork (Orange) fixie, and a BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 fat tire eBike
Old 04-14-13, 02:44 PM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On my last trip I stopped @ Arcadia, Dade City, Chiefland, Ga/Fl border then stops in Ga. When time permits,
I continue onto Aurora, In from Rome. Do you do the brevet qualies//PBP?
Old 04-14-13, 03:24 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
No, I did a couple of double centuries about a century ago, (ok, 35 years ago), but the longest my wife and I have done together is a 200k, which is barely more than a century. Given our current condition, however, we couldn't even begin to do that. But ... one day we will again. We have no interest in PBP, but do want to get back into distance riding for a long tour someday, and brevets are good shake down rides.

Do you know what day you plan on your stop in Dade city?

Old 04-15-13, 04:27 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some time in May...
Old 04-15-13, 12:46 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ok. Let me know when you nail it down a little tighter. We're only 20 miles west of Dade City, and depending on the day of the week I may be able to offer a place to stay overnight / some companionship for a few miles.

Bill

Old 04-15-13, 02:32 PM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Many Thanx...I'll keep you posted..Glenn
Old 04-24-13, 04:24 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My son will driving my van.. Room for 3 or 4 in van or I will bring a tent and hennessy hammock.
So far we have a guy from Fort Myers on board..Email: francearmstrong@gmail.com .........send email and I'll
give you my phone #..Glenn

Last edited by France; 04-24-13 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Highlight email
Old 04-30-13, 12:27 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Glenn, it's almost May. Got a date yet?

Old 04-30-13, 05:33 PM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not yet..I'm waiting on my friend from Fort Myers. He's a retail store mgr and has to make sure the store is covered..
Old 04-30-13, 06:56 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
No problem. If you choose to take advantage of the offer, we have a spare bedroom with a king size bed, 3 couches and/or plenty of floor space, plus 3 showers. We'd figured either hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill if you guys wanted to protein-pack, or my famous Chilly Willy's Ghetti-chili if you want to carbo-load!

Entertainment for the evening would be sitting around watching caveman TV, (a bonfire), while regaling one another with tales of daring-do from another time, `cause the older we gets, the faster we was or the further we went. And you know, the first liar don't even stand a chance!

Old 05-01-13, 10:59 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanx..Talk to you soon..Glenn
Old 05-06-13, 03:37 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Bill, I'm still waiting on my partner from Fort Myers..Glenn
Old 05-06-13, 07:22 AM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
No hurry. Just give me a call when you've figured out the logistics.

Old 05-20-13, 05:08 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Bill, Looks like I'll be making the trip after the summer in Sept. Glenn
Old 05-20-13, 05:43 AM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
No worries, Glenn. The door's always open. Save our info and give us a shout if you need us! Bill

Old 05-20-13, 05:46 PM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanx Bill..See you in Sept...Glenn
Old 12-01-13, 10:22 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Bill,

If all goes well I'll be coming thru the first of April..My Dad's driving his Toyo camper down from N Ga.. He could pick you up on the way thru and you could ride a spell?

Glenn
Old 12-01-13, 11:34 AM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
That'll work, and if you guys decide to spend the night in the area, we have a 30 amp, (camper), electrical hookup and a dump station right here.

Old 12-01-13, 11:52 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanx Bill.... Can you email me your address again. FranceArmstrong@gmail.com Do you want to do the Withlacoochee the next day?
Old 12-01-13, 01:12 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Love to. We both might even be in good enough shape to take the tandem so we don't slow you down and ride up and back to our truck.

I'm sending my contact info.

Old 04-17-14, 05:08 AM
Armstrong

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Bill,

Sorry to let you down again. I just can't seem to get my ducks in a row.

Glenn
Old 04-17-14, 10:03 PM
Oldie. Boy, howdy!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by France
Sorry to let you down again. I just can't seem to get my ducks in a row.

Glenn
No problem Glenn. As it happens, I haven't been on a bicycle since we last emailed. Out life has been a really sad country song .... literally. Just before Christmas we had a pet of 13 years go down; one of my brothers-in-law passed; our rental tenants moved unexpectedly and left the property a mess; and my 83 y/o mom fell, broke four ribs, and I became primary care-giver. All since December 15th!

So, all that getting-back-in-shape springtime riding I was planning on went out the window. Bet I'd have a hard time doing 20 miles right now. But you'd still be welcome to use us as hostel anytime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.