Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

A new life

Old 05-09-13, 08:37 AM

Bikes: Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 Specialized Sirrus 6.0 Genesis Core 50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
A new life

Hi guys, old fart here!! 62. I lost my wife 8 years ago, went into a HUGE black hole of depression. I gained 120lbs on my 6ft frame. I was a mess. With the help of good friends, my kids, I got out of the hole. I have lost 106 of those 120lbs and riding my bike has been a HUGE part of it. I have always had a bike around but now....Its my lifeline. I cant describe the feeling I get out on my old mountain Bike! I love my new life, I love my health, I love life. I hope to get lots out of this forum. Thanks for letting rant on here Mr, moderator.
Old 05-09-13, 03:26 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Hi Banjaboy, wlecome to BF, form another old fart. Good to hear that bikes have helped you overcome your depression and the loss of your wife. Your weight loss is commendable, well done. Come to the 50+ Forum and join us there, its a nice laid back group of bike enthusiast that have a common interests in bicycling. Lots of us have used bicycling to overcome health and other problems as well as weight loss/control and fitness. Glad you joined us here.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 05-09-13, 03:31 PM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 617 Posts
So good to have another youngster aboard.

Welcome.

Old 05-09-13, 07:33 PM

Bikes: Focus Izalco Pro 3.0 Specialized Sirrus 6.0 Genesis Core 50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Thanks guys!!! Just had a great day riding in a spot called Stanley Park, google it, absolutely beautiful, voted the second best park in the world, second to one in Spain?? right on the Pacific Ocean, about 6 miles around the seawall, did it 6 times, now relaxing with a cup of tea, life is great. Thanks Bill, I will certainly come by the 50+ forum, thanks for the invite!!