Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

First ride on new bike with picture

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

First ride on new bike with picture

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice!
Old 05-12-13, 07:39 PM

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Tricross-Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That bike is wicked, and I am not a Trek fan, but looked so awesome I went to the dealer to see one. One they had came with white tape blah, yours is way better, then I seen the price so off to get a $1 lottery ticket Enjoy the ride!
Old 05-12-13, 11:17 PM

Bikes: Electra Townie, Trek Road (project 1)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. I've only been able to ride it once so far. Work seems to get in the way. I'm out of town for the next week so I won't be able to ride it for a while. Hope to put on lots of miles this summer though.
i will post more pics once I get out riding again.
Cant wait
jim
Old 05-13-13, 12:34 AM

Bikes: Raleigh Misceo, Giant Composite Defy 3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is one sweet looking bike. Congrats.

Originally Posted by volosong
You picked a good color scheme. If you haven't already purchased them, I really like the CatEye spoke magnets. The Bontrager ones are of a silly/stupid design. But, I really do like the Bontrager crank band/magnet for recording cadence. They did that one right. The DuoTrap is so ingenious and elegant, I often wonder why other manufactures haven't used that design. Maybe Trek has a patent on it or something. The Garmin deluxe heart rate strap is crap. The lesser expensive one is actually better. I use a Bontrager strap. They work okay, but I had to replace one after about 18 months of use. Expensive little suckers.
Giant has their Ride Sense unit. It's invisible from outside the chain stay. Love that thing. I find zip tied on components to look like garbage. We spend hundreds of dollars on electronics or whatever and they are held on by a 5 cent piece of plastic to bikes costing at times several thousand dollars.

My first HRM that came with my Edge 500 was a POS. I got erratic readings and it would drop down to 40BPM or less after 30 minutes dang near like clockwork. I tried a Polar band (with the Garmin sensor) and it worked better, but was still non-functional. LBS got Garmin to send me a new unit. The sensor (it even feels lighter) and strap are different. It has the two pads like the previous strap, but then another patch on it along the side that the fabric looks like the Polar sensor material.
Old 05-13-13, 08:03 AM

Bikes: Motobecane Fantom Cross; Cannondale Supersix replaced the Giant TCR which came to an untimely death by truck

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 10 Posts
Nice looking bike. Love the green. Looks like these guys colours...

https://www.teamintegritycycling.com/home