Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Returning in the DC area

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Returning in the DC area

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-13, 06:31 AM
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Returning in the DC area

Hey I used to post here under a different username about 6 years ago. Life overcame me (and so did my work). Anyways, I moved back to DC about 3 months ago...and after digging our family out from under the boxes and other debris of a household move, I got off my ass and started riding my bike to work. Best decision I've made.

I am riding a converted Raleigh 29er (terrible choice for commute, with hills, that thing is a pig), because my roadbike is just not the kind of bike I want to commute on. I'll end up on a FBRB soon enough...and plan to make my commute a non-weather dependent event, as in any weather, any time of year. Feels pretty awesome to ride twice a day for 10 miles (and get there in the same amount of time as if I rode the bus or drove).

Anyways, happy to be back on BF, this place is always useful for answers, ideas, and opinions. Thanks!
Old 06-22-13, 06:40 AM
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hello Badger and Welcome back.

Old 06-22-13, 03:31 PM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Hi Badger, welcome back to cycling and to BF. Its great to have you rejoin us here, I'm sure that the Commuting Forum is a great place to get ideas and share experience, as you should know. Best of luck on your return and on the eventual bike search.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13