Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bruni Tandem Frame

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Bruni Tandem Frame

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bruni Tandem Frame

I was recently looking at a tandem built on a Bruni Frame. About the only thing I could find online about Bruni Bicycles was that he was an independent frame builder in Baltimore, MD and that he died in a bicycle accident in 2005. I really could not find any info on the bikes themselves. If anyone has had experience with his bikes, I would be interested in hearing from you. - Paul
Old 07-11-13, 01:54 PM
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Each Bruni frame was pretty much a one-off, designed to meet the needs of the customer based on Tom's philosophy.

Many of his designs typically used larger than average diameter, thin-walled tubing, sometimes with and sometimes without internal tubes, essentially being one of very few builders in the 90's and early 2000's to use an open-frame design.

He routinely experimented with different frame design concepts -- sleeved take-apart similar who what Bike Friday used on their Family Tandems and more recently on the Rob English tandem one of our BF brothers commissioned, special handlebar installations for his wife, etc.. -- so it without seeing a photo of your Bruni it's hard to know what may be unique about your example.
Old 07-11-13, 10:39 PM

Bikes: Custom Zona c/f tandem + Scott Plasma single

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Have ridden with Tom Bruni on one of his tandems (without a lateral tube) years ago..
Had no hills to test it on but did go up a multi-story parking garage with me as stoker and standing.
Great riding machine and surprisingly no flex in the frame.
Tom had a reputation as a great and innovative builder.
Old 07-12-13, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate your posts. It looks like a real nice bike for the money, but unfortunately the frame is too small for us - https://baltimore.craigslist.org/bik/3915825546.html