Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Strange Achievement.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 04:22 PM

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Strange Achievement.

I was working on the house yesterday and wound up sitting lotus position on the floor (pulling up old carpet). Suddenly it occurred to me; when I was younger I was able to stand from a seated lotus without putting my hands to the floor, so I tried it. I just knew I could do it, and up I went.

I had not been able to do that in over twenty years. I thought I would never again be able to do it. Yet another encouraging sign of progress.
Old 08-05-13, 04:38 PM
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I'm impressed that you even got INTO the lotus position, let alone get up from it. That would send me to the orthopedic surgeon!

At this point, I'm not sure I could even pull off a Mountain Pose.
Old 08-05-13, 04:41 PM
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CommuteCommando
I was working on the house yesterday and wound up sitting lotus position on the floor (pulling up old carpet). Suddenly it occurred to me; when I was younger I was able to stand from a seated lotus without putting my hands to the floor, so I tried it. I just knew I could do it, and up I went.

I had not been able to do that in over twenty years. I thought I would never again be able to do it. Yet another encouraging sign of progress.
Nice! If you couldn't do that before and you can do now, that's great!

I can still do it and I do every so often just to show myself I'm not getting that old....YET!
Old 08-05-13, 04:48 PM

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The ability to get up off the floor without using your hands is positively correlated with longevity