Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

WANTED TO BUY: Steel-framed 56 - 58 cm road bike

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 11-24-13, 10:05 AM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac (carbon), Specialized Roubaix (carbon, wifey), Raleigh Super Course (my favorite), and 2 Centurion project bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Apologies if this is on the wrong board. . . . but I've just completed an enjoyable restoration on a friend's 1985 Nishiki road bike.

I'd like another project like this, this time to keep and ride.

So if you've got an old 56 to 58 cm steel-framed bike gathering dust in the garage, PM me with a phone number. $50 to $100 for a rust bucket with working BB and headset. I live near Torrance but will come and pick up anywhere in the Los Angeles, Beach Cities or Long Beach area. Thanks.
Old 11-24-13, 11:18 AM
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Look around on craigslist.org for bikes in your area.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.
Old 11-24-13, 01:36 PM
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
sorry my stuff is well maintained, so way above that, and not rusty. Go to CL, or your LBS for trade-ins.
Old 11-24-13, 08:02 PM

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac (carbon), Specialized Roubaix (carbon, wifey), Raleigh Super Course (my favorite), and 2 Centurion project bikes.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Will do. My sense is that there are hundreds of bicycles sitting around in garages. Many of them are potential restorations. But it also makes sense that those who subscribe to this list would not have such bikes lying around. :-) Thanks.
Old 11-25-13, 04:48 PM
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
I was checking out my father-in-law's garage yesterday and he has THREE old bikes hanging from the rafters. I was thinking of sprucing one up for my daughter, who is a reluctant rider.

But your notion that there are likely tons of unused bikes hanging in garages is probably accurate and they probably aren't particularly rusty either, unless they live near the coast. Garage sales are probably your best bet. Even beater bikes on CL are terribly over priced around here.
Old 11-26-13, 08:16 AM

Bikes: Click on the #YOLO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 12 Posts
It costs as much to ship a bicycle as you're willing to pay.

Go on craigslist.

Shimano : Click :: Campy : Snap :: SRAM : Bang
Old 11-26-13, 09:24 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Found a bike yesterday. Will start a new thread: Project - 1980 Nishiki Restoration. Thanks! DB
Old 11-26-13, 10:23 AM

Bikes: Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Soma Saga, De Bernardi SL, Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Check the Classic & Vintage forum here (and their classifieds).
Old 11-26-13, 04:02 PM

Bikes: 2008 Surly LHT, 1985 Nishiki Prestige, 1985 Miyata 310, 2013 Surly Troll

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duane Behrens
Found a bike yesterday. Will start a new thread: Project - 1980 Nishiki Restoration. Thanks! DB
Which model?
Old 11-29-13, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
michael kors black friday61709

whenimmobile.com/cakeshop/mobile/images/index.php
Straightforwardness is certainly intricacy. When you need your current company tag to be joyful, you then will need to useful target on the brand using one core theory. Record lower all of the illustrations or photos feel free to use for your personal make level as well as don't use anything except one too. Stacy Struminger plus Rachel Teyssier thought to produce their unique distinctive line of classy water resistant outfit for ladies whom wouldn't allow rainfall lower your manner cred. Identified as RAINRAP, a structure mixes the widely used variety of your pashmina plus cover. It can be developed when watertight, reversible, compact, quick blow drying, an easy task to retailer (folds over as many as fit into an individual's tote and/or baggage), and also comes into play five colourful combos.

Michael Kors Handbags Canada
Adding articles and other content, search phrases in addition to inbound links usually are one way of many create results looking good results. Quite a few professional corporations to choose from that may help you established a new wordpress based mostly web-site nonetheless just one get hold of, Alamead, really does some only two web site arrange intended for primarily $99. Pretty good.. Treatment centers offering enable for ladies had been established about the undeniable fact that the ignorant alternative isn't pick in anyway. These honestly imagine that your basic safety and even well being, each actual physical as well as intellectual, are definitely the secrets that will helping the ladies to create advised opportunities. That is why, it doesn't plainly present clinical assist, they're going a good deal over and above simply by comfortable the ladies in a very safe and sound natural environment through which they are able to have advising along with a great training on the issue..

Michael Kors Sale
It will take a couple of working hours. An individual along with your associates definitely will connect with the head while in the reception of your initially display room that you'll be seeing. You should be dressed in secure yet modern shirts or dresses. You will have an item you must be sure that can make your mind up no matter if most of your Mulberry Selling could be the genuine a single or only this reasonably priced counterfeit. This unique idea arises very can be a great containers to move. In addition to exceptional carriers business will often have topquality, excellent the need for stitches with the carriers, although a good lowcost bogus only 1 could incredibly undoubtedly consider the will need suitable for joins of which is erroneously carried through and in actual fact old and wrinkly.

Related articles:
https://www.whenimmobile.com/bgusa/im...ybermonday.asp