Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Time to get back on that horse

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-14, 05:22 PM
A square going nowhere

Bikes: CAAD 8 & CAAD 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I haven't been posting much, but I've still been lurking. I hit some speed bumps here an there, so I haven't been riding as much as I would like to, and when I don't ride, I don't post much. For some reason they go hand in hand with me.

Whether lack of motivation, being just plain lazy, weight gain, time constraints or a physical issue which had me spend a weekend in the hospital, I'm fine turned out to be nothing, I think I have a total of about 100 miles this year. I say think because the battery in my Garmin sensor died and I just got around to changing it. Like I said just plain lazy. I'm going to give it that old college effort to start riding more. I just wanted to come by and get caught up with everyone.

Oh and I got a new bike. Let me introduce my CAAD10 105. With the weight gain I had to get stronger wheels. I don't think my Easton EA50 wheels would last long under me so I went with some DT Swiss RR585 32 3X on 105 hubs.

Now for the pics:

Love those bar plugs!

It is a very nice upgrade from my CAAD8 2300. I swapped over my pedals and bottle cages, along with my Garmin and GoPro mounts. I was going to swap my saddle, but the stock Prologo it came with is comfortable enough. At least so far it is. I still haven't dialed in the fit just right. I think I need to drop the handle bar a couple of spacers, but so far she's a blast to ride! So agile and responsive, and I'm loving the 105 drivetrain. It's so nice to have 10 gears as opposed to the 8 I'm coming from.

Well I'm here, I'm back, and I'm looking forward to hitting the road again, not literally mind you.
Old 03-24-14, 05:29 PM
got the climbing bug

Bikes: one for everything

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked 908 Times in 273 Posts
welcome back and new toys to boot!!! Winter has it's effect on many people, with time change and spring in the air it's time to get on the bike again. And a new one really helps. Those are supposed to be really good rims, and look good too.
Rule #10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Old 03-24-14, 05:33 PM

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
That is one sweet bike!
Old 03-24-14, 08:13 PM
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
You heard us talking about you on Saturday! It's all downhill to the top! Yes, that's right, we finally dragged Erwin8r up to the shack - we missed you out there.

Nice bike, nice rims. I have a set in the shed waiting for me to unlazy myself and build them up.
Old 03-24-14, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
You heard us talking about you on Saturday! It's all downhill to the top! Yes, that's right, we finally dragged Erwin8r up to the shack - we missed you out there.

Nice bike, nice rims. I have a set in the shed waiting for me to unlazy myself and build them up.
Yup. Lol! And fellow San Dimian, feel free to call me if you want to go for a local ride (Bonelli, etc)--I'd be glad to join you.
Old 03-24-14, 10:02 PM
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Good to hear from you @psalm

Nice new ride. Glad to hear you are OK just lacking motivation and such. I think of you every time I ride GMR as if it wasn't for you riding with me that one time, I would have given up.

Hope to see you on a GMR ride again soon.
Old 03-24-14, 11:33 PM
A square going nowhere

Bikes: CAAD 8 & CAAD 10

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jsigone
welcome back and new toys to boot!!! Those are supposed to be really good rims, and look good too.
Nothing like new toys to motivate you, and those wheels are super stiff!

Originally Posted by WonderMonkey
That is one sweet bike!
Thank you thank you!

You heard us talking about you on Saturday! It's all downhill to the top!
Stealing my lines I see. I'm gone for a little while and...

Yes, that's right, we finally dragged Erwin8r up to the shack - we missed you out there.
Next time I'll bring up the rear as usual.

Originally Posted by Erwin8r
Yup. Lol! And fellow San Dimian, feel free to call me if you want to go for a local ride (Bonelli, etc)--I'd be glad to join you.
I might just take you up on that. The Bonelli loop is one of my favorite rides.

Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
Good to hear from you @psalm

Nice new ride. Glad to hear you are OK just lacking motivation and such. I think of you every time I ride GMR as if it wasn't for you riding with me that one time, I would have given up.
We pulled each other up that mountain.

Originally Posted by Beachgrad05
Hope to see you on a GMR ride again soon.
Just let me get some conditioning back and I'll be there. July 4th is right around the corner.
Old 03-25-14, 12:08 AM
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
You guys should organize a puddingstone ride... I've only done it twice but it's pretty fun and the lap nature of the thing makes it good for groups. as in... you can take one off if you're dying.