Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Koala Bottles added to my new ride

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-14, 07:21 PM

Bikes: Trek 520 total custom build, Cannondale Mountain Tandem, Oryx Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Just a quick little thumbs up for a new water bottle system that I have been using for the last couple weeks on my new 520 touring bike. These babies have a magnetic ring that holds them in place while you ride. Now, I haven't taken 'em on a trail yet because we still have 2' of snow on the ground-BUT we have tons of potholes and uneven railroad tracks that I've gone over, and I must inform that I am impressed! Not once did either of my bottles pop out of its cage. It was so nice to not have to look down while I was riding to put the bottle back in the cage-just get it close and "click" it's in! To be fair and upfront and to leave no loose ends- I do not work for this company, nor were they comped to me for a great review. I am just a regular joe that appreciate cool stuff.....and this is. Check them out at KOALA BOTTLE | The Magnetic Bottle Then try 'em out for yourself.
Old 04-03-14, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Coolness is subjective. There was another magnetic bottle around, and may still be: Vincero Design Edge 16 mount & Stratus bottle review - BikeRadar

IMO, a solution to a non-existent problem. Try Arundel sport cages or Elite custom race cages for excellent bottle retention and easy use. Very light, inexpensive, and they take just about any bike bottle.