Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

chanji korean bike shorts

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 04-07-14, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

anyone know about chanji bike shorts? made in korea. i discovered them on the internet. i wanted to order some shorts but the sizing chart is bizarre. i would like to know how their sizing (medium, large, etc) correlates to waist size. i don't trust their sizing chart which is based on height and weight, which indicates that i should be a "large", when usually i take a small/medium.
Old 04-07-14, 09:04 AM
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
JMRSP - Do you realize what a strange request you're making? Why buy Asian internet bike shorts for which you have no size comparison? This makes little sense...

How much money are you saving by simply walking into a bike shop or sporting goods store, where you can actually TRY ON the shorts before buying? You can also check fabric type, quality of stitching, and other details. You'd also have recourse if there were any quality problems post-sale.

Just...[sigh]
Old 04-07-14, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 90 Posts
Originally Posted by jmrsp
anyone know about chanji bike shorts? made in korea. i discovered them on the internet. i wanted to order some shorts but the sizing chart is bizarre. i would like to know how their sizing (medium, large, etc) correlates to waist size. i don't trust their sizing chart which is based on height and weight, which indicates that i should be a "large", when usually i take a small/medium.
I did that once, bought shorts off the internet from some Asian country. Ordered XL and when they arrived they were more like a small. Never did that again.

Phil gave great advice. Check out a LBS or two. You may pay a little more, but it will be well worth it in the long run. They will be of better quality and last a lot longer.

Old 04-07-14, 11:57 AM
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,354 Times in 861 Posts
You in Korea? try them on .
Old 04-07-14, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
They make some pretty good cell phones, TVs, appliances and cars in Korea, why not cycling apparel?
Old 04-07-14, 04:58 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz
JMRSP - Do you realize what a strange request you're making? Why buy Asian internet bike shorts for which you have no size comparison? This makes little sense...

How much money are you saving by simply walking into a bike shop or sporting goods store, where you can actually TRY ON the shorts before buying? You can also check fabric type, quality of stitching, and other details. You'd also have recourse if there were any quality problems post-sale.

Just...[sigh]
not a strange request. i posed the question to the biking community with the hope that someone had experience with this company. its true that the cost is lower. however, the primary attractions are the designs and colors. instead of basic black…or blue, etc, their designs actually put "life" into biking shorts. none of the "western-made" lycra shorts come close to the brilliant asian designs.
Old 04-07-14, 07:14 PM
apocryphal sobriquet

Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
not a strange request. i posed the question to the biking community with the hope that someone had experience with this company. its true that the cost is lower. however, the primary attractions are the designs and colors. instead of basic black…or blue, etc, their designs actually put "life" into biking shorts. none of the "western-made" lycra shorts come close to the brilliant asian designs.
Sorry, but I beg to differ that it is indeed a strange request: searching the US version of google for "chanji bike shorts" without quotes, your post is the top result and there are literally NO other relevant results. Searching the US google for "chanji bike shorts" with quotes, yours is the ONLY result.

You might have better luck with your question if you put your geographical region in your profile, but good luck either way

Incidentally, I'd really dig some lycra bike shorts if I could get plaid or some outrageous '80s jams designs...
Old 04-07-14, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
Typical cookie cutter shill thread
Old 04-13-14, 12:28 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto
Sorry, but I beg to differ that it is indeed a strange request: searching the US version of google for "chanji bike shorts" without quotes, your post is the top result and there are literally NO other relevant results. Searching the US google for "chanji bike shorts" with quotes, yours is the ONLY result.

You might have better luck with your question if you put your geographical region in your profile, but good luck either way

Incidentally, I'd really dig some lycra bike shorts if I could get plaid or some outrageous '80s jams designs...
try ebay. peruse biking shorts for the asian shorts. didn't see any plaids or "80's jams" though.

Last edited by jmrsp; 04-13-14 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-13-14, 01:03 AM
apocryphal sobriquet

Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
try ebay. peruse biking shorts for the asian shorts. didn't see any plaids or "80's jams" though.
Nope. Still nothing relevant to "chanji". In which geographical region are you located?
Old 04-13-14, 09:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto
Nope. Still nothing relevant to "chanji". In which geographical region are you located?
if you are in nebraska, i'm not that far from you. don't include chanji, just look through bike shorts.
Old 04-13-14, 09:32 AM
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
A link would have been nice - can't find them anywhere...... methinks it is a sell thread...........................
Old 04-13-14, 10:27 AM

Bikes: A MTB and something else with 2 pedals.

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If everybody would just lose the spandex then these silly discussions would be pointless.