Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello, new person in Milwaukee WI

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 10:18 PM
Rider of Bike.

Bikes: Felt F60--Giant MTB--SS beater

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been reading this forum for awhile, so I decided to start posting. I am a recreational rider living in the Milwaukee area. In the summer months I try to ride 4-5 times per week, distances anywhere between 10 and 30 miles depending on how much time I have. If it is over 30 degrees in the winter I will take it outside, otherwise I stay indoors on a trainer. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Old 04-30-05, 01:51 PM
B-b-b-b-b-b-bicicle Rider

Bikes: 1997, stumpjumper S-works hardtail, Medici, Giant Perigee(track dropouts and fixed gear), Columbia twosome, schwinn twinn, '67 raleigh 5 speed internal hub, Old triumph 3 speed, old BSA 3-speed, schwinn Racer 2spd kickback, Broken raysport criteriu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Why stop when it gets down to 30. Honestly, if you keep pedaling, you keep warm. I don't wear that many layers (and thin ones at that) and I'm still sweatin in the winter.
Just make sure you're bike is frame saved if it's steel. Otherwise watch out for salt build-up and rust.
I've actually almost crashed because i've hit salt PILES that our glorious milwaukee DPW people have laid down because they thought it might rain. I hate salt. It's bad for cars. it's bad for bikes, and it's bad for the ground water and the environment as a whole. It belongs in the sea where it came from, oh and on our fries.
If you ride a nice bike, it's good to have a winter beater, AKA the "trainer". Nice and heavy, makes you feel really fast in the springtime.

Ride on.