Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

New member in Wisconsin

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New member in Wisconsin

Old 04-01-05, 05:50 PM

Bikes: Trek 1420

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New member in Wisconsin

Greetings!

I am a new member, and a relatively new cyclist (despite being over 50 years old). I rode as a kid, and for the past 20 years as a form of transportation, but did not get very serious about riding as a sport until my knee gave out from running too much. Two years ago, I moved to western Wisconsin (the really hilly part), and purchased a 40-pound Wal-Mart mountain bike, and managed to wear it out in two summers of 30-mile rides. Before I left rural Richland County for the big-time (Racine/Milwaukee) last September, I bought an old (but rarely used) Trek 1420, modern Ultegra equipment. I have been on the trainer since the end of january (and have put on a little more than 800 miles), and an looking forward to riding some Centuries this summer. I love it! And rural Wisconsin is a great place to ride (although I miss the beauty of the western portionof the state).

I am definitely thinking about purchasing a new bike (when I have the money), and would enjoy chatting about that.

John Riley
Old 04-02-05, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Welcome! Start out with a used bike. Nothing says you have to have a new bike in order to ride.

You may want to drop Catfish a PM. I think he's from Milwaukee.

Koffee

Old 04-02-05, 07:22 AM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome

Feel free to join in the 50+ forum, if you like!