Search
Notices
Rides and Races A place for posting group rides, races, and regional threads for the fixed gear and single speed forum.

Toronto Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-06, 11:07 AM
::3 o'clock roadblock::

Bikes: IRO jaimie roy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cavernmech
A friend of mine had her indentity stolen about 8 years ago. The perp (I love that term) had a Passport..credit cards...drivers license..the works. She only got all this sorted out last year. MAJOR headache. How does double swiping your card enable this to happen?
sheeeeeeeeit thats the worst one man...that can kill your credit rating and everything...those guys are nuts they can do all that stuff just from sifting through your garbage...thats getting worse and worse as everything to do with our identities is all on a computer somewhere...
Old 12-18-06, 11:10 AM
Jonnys ilegitimate Father

Bikes: too many too list

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by duppy.conqueror
sheeeeeeeeit thats the worst one man...that can kill your credit rating and everything...those guys are nuts they can do all that stuff just from sifting through your garbage...thats getting worse and worse as everything to do with our identities is all on a computer somewhere...
Got in the call to Carlotta. WHEW!
Old 12-18-06, 11:13 AM
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeremywhitehorn
was that up at york university? i remember there being a big scandal with PIN #s exposed all over the place when i was a student there.
I suppose it could have been, although I rarely use my card on campus. I think the machine where the withdrawls were made was downtown.
Old 12-18-06, 11:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got in the call to Carlotta. WHEW!
ha ha sweet man!!
Old 12-18-06, 11:15 AM
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
How does double swiping your card enable this to happen?
I think all they can get by double swiping is the card number. Your PIN isn't on the card. Could be something else is going on though.
Old 12-18-06, 11:16 AM
Don't smoke, Mike.

Bikes: Devinci Tosca, IRO Rob Roy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seven YEARS to sort it out?! Ho-ly shiiite.

Okay, so the other day when Pyze was at the shop (this is why I wasn't around to say goodbye, btw) some crackhead dude wanders in and grabs a pair of sunglasses. Foot chase ensues and the old "Dude, I can outrun you all day - just drop the ****ing things ..." routine actually worked. It was the most laid back, almost comical chase I've ever had.
Old 12-18-06, 11:17 AM
Gone, but not forgotten

Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I had a couple thousand bucks punked from me recently. They put it all back and I think they may have even added a little extra. Still, not the kind of call you want to get in the morning.
Old 12-18-06, 11:23 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
I had a couple thousand bucks punked from me recently. They put it all back and I think they may have even added a little extra. Still, not the kind of call you want to get in the morning.
eeeeeeeeeeek!

ya man...yo it was funny im in the exchange tower trying to draw out the money and it gives this huge multicolored error window with the big triangle and exclamation mark saying talk to a branch manager...peeps behind me looking over my shoulder had that "ohhhhhhhhh man hes f*cked" look...hahhahahaha
Old 12-18-06, 11:24 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shapelike
Seven YEARS to sort it out?! Ho-ly shiiite.

Okay, so the other day when Pyze was at the shop (this is why I wasn't around to say goodbye, btw) some crackhead dude wanders in and grabs a pair of sunglasses. Foot chase ensues and the old "Dude, I can outrun you all day - just drop the ****ing things ..." routine actually worked. It was the most laid back, almost comical chase I've ever had.
Yeah....they gave her some cock and bull about having to wait to make sure no other charges showed up or some such crap. The passport issue was the worst one. She got ZERO in the way of sympathy/help from anyone even tho she was the victim.
Old 12-18-06, 11:37 AM
Gone, but not forgotten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah....they gave her some cock and bull about having to wait to make sure no other charges showed up or some such crap. The passport issue was the worst one. She got ZERO in the way of sympathy/help from anyone even tho she was the victim.
At that point I'd just drop off the grid and live in a log cabin or something. Enjoy my identity, I hope you put it to better use than I did!
Old 12-18-06, 11:41 AM
Tie me up, Tie me down

Bikes: The Brown Beast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Losing passports, especially Canadian passports, is the worst thing to have happen. 1: If you lose more then 1 or 2 over a 5 year period they will stop issuing your a passport because they think your selling them on the black market. 2: Getting a temp passport is like pulling teeth and 3: Canadian passports are incredibly valuable on the black market so if you lose one its never coming back and you never know whose using your passport ID to do things. I had both my euro and my canadian passports stolen once and my euro one was a breeze and a pleasure to get back, my Canadian was a mission against bureaucratic resistance. That and Canadian passports are only valid for 5 years, what is that it should be atleast 10.
Old 12-18-06, 11:41 AM
Don't smoke, Mike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*sigh*

... alright, time to do my one-shot giftmas shopping run. I will be a broken shell of my former self so I just want to say goodbye to you all before the evil takes me. ****ing in-store music ...
Old 12-18-06, 11:43 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*sigh*

... alright, time to do my one-shot giftmas shopping run. I will be a broken shell of my former self so I just want to say goodbye to you all before the evil takes me. ****ing in-store music ...
Hey Mike...you goin to Sarnia for X-Mas? Maybe I will see you there.
Old 12-18-06, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Offhoff
Losing passports, especially Canadian passports, is the worst thing to have happen. 1: If you lose more then 1 or 2 over a 5 year period they will stop issuing your a passport because they think your selling them on the black market. 2: Getting a temp passport is like pulling teeth and 3: Canadian passports are incredibly valuable on the black market so if you lose one its never coming back and you never know whose using your passport ID to do things. I had both my euro and my canadian passports stolen once and my euro one was a breeze and a pleasure to get back, my Canadian was a mission against bureaucratic resistance. That and Canadian passports are only valid for 5 years, what is that it should be atleast 10.
You can get an 8 yr one I think...few extra bux.
Old 12-18-06, 11:45 AM
In Velo Veritas

Bikes: Menonite black urbanite, probably enough spare parts to make anther one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*sigh*

off to the gas station, eh? i have to force myself to do that at some point this week. i need some ideas!
Old 12-18-06, 11:45 AM
Tie me up, Tie me down

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah they also charge extra for more then 25 pages, so it ends up being like 150 for a passport which soon you'll need to even head down to the US. For a country known for sending people abroad we sure do like to keep it pricey.
Old 12-18-06, 11:46 AM
Don't smoke, Mike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Mike...you goin to Sarnia for X-Mas? Maybe I will see you there.
Wait a ... what the ****? Is it the gf who's from there?

*mind blown*
Old 12-18-06, 11:52 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wait a ... what the ****? Is it the gf who's from there?

*mind blown*
Yeah...SWIMBO is from there. Going Christmas Eve early...coming back Boxing Day. We are hooking up with some peeps for some drinks at one of the local watering holes. I will P.M. ya if you are interested?
Old 12-18-06, 11:53 AM
Tie me up, Tie me down

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cavern, do you have any messenger bags still around the shop? I'm looking to grab one as an Xmas gift and thought i saw some last time I was in the store...
Old 12-18-06, 11:57 AM
Don't smoke, Mike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah...SWIMBO is from there. Going Christmas Eve early...coming back Boxing Day. We are hooking up with some peeps for some drinks at one of the local watering holes. I will P.M. ya if you are interested?
Watering holes like ****ty pubs (Ups and Downs/Pattie's) or tittie bars (Riverport Tavern/Studio 11)? Regardless, ya send me a P.M. I'm stuck there from the 22nd to Boxing day so I'll definitely need a drink.
Old 12-18-06, 11:58 AM
Gone, but not forgotten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My Dad's passport is hilarious. He filled up one of the big ones with stamps, so they took another big one and glued/elastic banded them together. Its like a small bible now. The customs people always look impressed!

PS. my mum and I got a replacement Canadian Passport for my dad in paris and it wasn't too bad (only took 2 trips). Then again, his wasn't lost, just close to expiry and we weren't in a hurry. I've never lost a passport so I can't say how hard it is to replace one when you're stuck somewhere (There were some very worried looking Canadians at the consulate when we went by).

Its nice how we will need passports to go into the US, but not vice versa!
Old 12-18-06, 12:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Offhoff
Cavern, do you have any messenger bags still around the shop? I'm looking to grab one as an Xmas gift and thought i saw some last time I was in the store...
I have 1 Green UTW Heavy Gear...the HUGE one. Thats all I have left in stock at the moment. If you want it you can have it for cost.
Old 12-18-06, 12:02 PM
Gone, but not forgotten

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Let me emphasize how HUGE that bag really is.
Old 12-18-06, 12:05 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Watering holes like ****ty pubs (Ups and Downs/Pattie's) or tittie bars (Riverport Tavern/Studio 11)? Regardless, ya send me a P.M. I'm stuck there from the 22nd to Boxing day so I'll definitely need a drink.
Well as there are girls involved I am going to assume a visit to the tit store is out. Have no idea where but I will let ya know.
Old 12-18-06, 12:05 PM
Tie me up, Tie me down

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No they will need passports to enter Canada as well Shiz. My problem probably came out of being in a really small place (polynesia) while traveling on a non canadian passport. So I had to convince the Canadian High Commission in New Zealand that I was canadian and was carrying that passport but wasn't traveling on it. I ended up having to go to Sydney to get it sorted out which was a huge pain in the arse and frustrated me greatly. I'm sure if I had been somewhere where the Canadian government has actual representation it wouldn't have been nearly as trying.

Edit: Wicked Cavern I'll probably swing through on Wednesday for perhaps a discussion on safety and some shopping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.