Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Looking for friend to bike in WA area

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-02, 01:02 PM
Nam
Stinky Mouse

Bikes: Giant OCR3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all, I'm new in this forum, so I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post.

Anyway, my name is Nam, I'm living in Bellevue, WA, I'm looking for people who like biking. I'd love to go bike trail some where in WA, which I know there's plenty. Unfortunately none of my friends are interested in biking .

In the other hand, I'm looking for new bike, my old mountain one got stolen few days ago. It's not a pro, but still, I paid $400 for it on sale 3 years ago. So now my budget is about $400 max, I don't know much about bike, if anything at all, even though I'm strong enough to race with any of you, j/k .

Also I have female friend, she's looking for one at $300 max, she's about 5' 3, 110 pounds, urgently need a bike for some kind of race in the next 3 weeks. She's completely new in this.

So basically I'm looking friends to have fun in WA are, and also some advices to get 2 good bikes at bargain price, one for male (me at 5' 9 158 pounds) and one for female. I will of course buy any spare bike that you don't need, because I know the price range of $300-$400 is too low for a serious bike. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-03-02, 01:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome Nam! I too live in Washington, but on the other side of the Cascades I do on occaison get over to Seattle and ride with the Cascade Bicycle Club. I would recommend joining their organization. You can find them at www.cascade.org. As for finding a new bike I saw a forum here under the Bicycle Market Place for buying and selling. Also, check out EBay. They usually have a few bikes to check out. Good Luck! Yvonne
Old 06-03-02, 01:33 PM
WallaWalla!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also live in WA. A friend of mine visited this weekend from Edmonds with a new Giant Iguana. Retail, the bike is $500 but he paid $379. I thought it was a great bike for the money. Of course, I couldn't resist flipping the stem, urging him to slap on an old racing saddle and begging him to try a spare set of clipless pedals. I was impressed with the part spec ... Judy TT fork, samttering of Deore parts and butted AL frame. OH, it was a 2001 ... good way to pick up a cheap bike, get the previous model year.
Old 06-03-02, 09:01 PM
Marathon Cyclist

Bikes: Road Bike / Mountain Bike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in WA too, but in my case the WA stands for Western Australia.

I live several kilometres away from a suburb called Bellevue.

It's probably a bit far for us to get together to ride.
Old 06-04-02, 09:13 AM
WallaWalla!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is interesting! Out of curiosity, how hot does it get there? Of course, you are moving into winter?
Old 06-04-02, 05:09 PM
Marathon Cyclist

Bikes: Road Bike / Mountain Bike

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes - we're just at the start of winter. Winter maximums can sometimes be as cold as 13 degrees celcius. (Really chilly hey?)

A cold overnight minimum would be 2 or 3 degrees celcius but that doesn't happen all that often. Maybe once a winter it gets down to 0 degrees.

As you can see it's pretty mild compared to most other places. We never even get snow.

Summer temperatures are usually around 30 degrees celcius but we do get several days at around 37 or 38 degrees. (That's a century in fahrenheit.) We get two or three days a year over 40.
Old 06-04-02, 05:23 PM
WallaWalla!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang, that would be nice. Of course, you also have to deal with the crocodile hunter!