Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

I Need A New Bike

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

I Need A New Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-02, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Need A New Bike

Hey Guys. I'm new to the forum, and I have some questions...

I want a new bike that is fairly light weight, has a 3 piece crank, V-brake on the back, 3/8 front axle, 14mm rear axle, slim handlebars, tough chain and sprockets. I'd primarily use it for ramps/grinding stuff. What I DO NOT WANT is a very heavy flatland bike. I don't like flatland, and I don't want that type of bike.

1st Question...

What is the name for a bike that can be used for ramps/grinding stuff?

2nd Question...

Are there any bike models out there that have a most of the components I listed?

The easiest thing to do would be to build my own, but that is costly. I'm trying to find one that has what I want, but is "mass manufactured" if you would say, which would make it cheaper.

Last edited by SeaWolf; 05-19-02 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-29-02, 09:16 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have a frame that would be perfict for what you want. its a gack cannibal. its only 7lbs. thats light for a street frame. its not a flateland frame. im selling it for really cheap. it includes frame, fork, and bars. its all red. looks sweet. its all brand new.
Old 06-30-02, 11:29 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by SeaWolf
Hey Guys. I'm new to the forum, and I have some questions...

I want a new bike that is fairly light weight, has a 3 piece crank, V-brake on the back, 3/8 front axle, 14mm rear axle, slim handlebars, tough chain and sprockets. I'd primarily use it for ramps/grinding stuff. What I DO NOT WANT is a very heavy flatland bike. I don't like flatland, and I don't want that type of bike.

1st Question...

What is the name for a bike that can be used for ramps/grinding stuff?

2nd Question...

Are there any bike models out there that have a most of the components I listed?

The easiest thing to do would be to build my own, but that is costly. I'm trying to find one that has what I want, but is "mass manufactured" if you would say, which would make it cheaper.
get some catalogs from BMX retailers/mail orders and do your research on bikes and equipment. thats the only advice i can give here. most good entry level bikes have all the things you want.