Hi, I'm looking at converting my 2013 Trek Super Fly AL into a single speed.
Can I get some advice, as I want to do it right the first time and not have to fix or upgrade it for a long time.
If you could give me some advice and explain the reasons that would be great.
1) What tooth ratio would be best front and back woud be ideal?
2) Which chain tensioner in your opinion is best?
3) Is there a specific SS MTB crankset out there, how much $$ are they?
4) Do I just use a standard chain, or do I need a different one?
5) Are there any other things I need to be aware of / need that I haven't asked about?
The specs of the bike are as follows:
Alpha Platinum Aluminum, butted & hydroformed tubing, E2 tapered head tube, press-fit bottom bracket, G2 Geometry
15.5, 17.5, 19, 21, 23"
Bontrager sealed cartridge bearing, 15mm alloy axle front hub; Bontrager sealed cartridge bearing, alloy axle rear hub w/Bontrager Mustang 28-hole Tubeless Ready disc rims
Bontrager 29-1 Expert, 29x2.20"
Shimano Deore, 10 speed
Shimano Deore XT Shadow
Shimano M552, 42/32/24
Shimano HG62 11-36, 10 speed
Bontrager Evoke 2, chromoly rails
Bontrager Rhythm Elite, 27.2mm, zero offset
Bontrager Race Lite Low Riser, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 9 degree sweep
Bontrager Race Lite, 31.8mm, 7 degree
FSA NO.57, E2, sealed bearings
Shimano M596 hydraulic disc brakes
Thank you in advance.