Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-05, 11:18 AM   #1
adam_internal
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cop trashed my new bareknucles.. need fork help

last night i learned its not safe to mouth off to cops even if youre riding your bike.

so now i need a new fork. anyone have a 1" threadless straight bladed that they have no use for anymore? if i cant find anything in the next two days im putting a soma fork on it. sh!!t.
adam_internal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 11:37 AM   #2
adamkell
72 & Sunny
 
adamkell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Brooklyn
Bikes: '93 Yamaguchi Pursuit track bike, Alan Super Record
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
tell us what went down
adamkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-05, 12:26 PM   #3
filtersweep
Senior Member
 
filtersweep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 2,615
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_internal
last night i learned its not safe to mouth off to cops even if youre riding your bike.
You seriously needed to learn that one the hard way?
filtersweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 03:26 PM   #4
thecosmicmuffin
mike.pretzel
 
thecosmicmuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: GT Sprint(roadie) Nishiki Stony Point(stolen), Mid 80's Huffy Cruiser, '69 Schwinn Collegiate(needs work), Raleigh Technium(In progress fixed gear) Schwinn Mesa new project bike!
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Details please
thecosmicmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 03:59 PM   #5
Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten
 
Shiznaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
Posts: 4,509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Theres gotta be a reason he left them out in the first place... I mean, did he think we wouldn't ask? Inquiring minds need to know!
__________________
I'm biking across North America on the Internet!
http://thedoublecross.blogspot.com/
Shiznaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 04:04 PM   #6
BostonFixed
Banned.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
Theres gotta be a reason he left them out in the first place..!
Laziness.
BostonFixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 06:20 PM   #7
el twe
crotchety young dude
 
el twe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SF, CA
Bikes: IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount
Posts: 4,818
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, please explain. Some of us loves the forum gossip..."Did ya hear about Adam's run-in?" "Ooh yeah...d'you think he's ______?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
I explained that he could never pay me enough cash for the amount of work I had put into that bike and the only way to compensate me for it was to ride the hell out of it.
IRO Angus Casati Gold Line
el twe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 07:10 PM   #8
Fugazi Dave
Beausage is Beautiful
 
Fugazi Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Bikes: 2006 Langster, which I actually like.
Posts: 5,457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Hey man, you suck. You suck so much I bet your billy club couldn't even scratch my bike!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"

*thwack*

"...oh."
__________________
photo otaku | flickr | davidrmunson
Fugazi Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 07:35 PM   #9
icithecat
old codger
 
icithecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Bikes:
Posts: 1,124
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ummmm......
Mouthing off to an authority figure..........
Ouch...........
You must be younger than twelve......
icithecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-05, 08:17 PM   #10
Jamtastic
J.A.M
 
Jamtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Monterey, CA
Bikes: Pista
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
or older thn 75
__________________
The Bianchi That Could
Jamtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 03:45 AM   #11
onelesscar
Fixationwheels.com
 
onelesscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: manchester, UK
Bikes: fg
Posts: 208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
or punk as fuk?
onelesscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 07:44 AM   #12
80sMutRider
Lone Fixie
 
80sMutRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Providence, RI
Bikes: Fixie/SS: Specialized "Langster", Hobo SS: Schwinn World Sport
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just find it smart to make sure that I'm out of arm's reach if I'm having a dispute with someone with weapons.
80sMutRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:19 AM   #13
adam_internal
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmicmuffin
Details please
basically heres what happened. a party i was at got busted up by the man and before i knew it everyone was getting arrested. i leave to go get my bike down the street,hop on and pass the party on my way home. when i turn the corner the first thing i see is 2 cops burying some dudes face in the hood of a cruiser.. so as i was rolling by turned my head and calmy stated "all cops are bastards" and kept moving. i was maybe 50 feet down the road riding away from the party when a cop ran down the street and tackled me off my bike from behind without warning. i was laying on my bike and the cop on top of me. he ripped my bag off, tossed it and then tossed my bike 10 or 15 feet through the air into a crowd of people on the sidewalk. i learned today in court that after i was in cuffs on the ground another cop picked up my wheel and tossed it again. so in the end my fork and front wheel are borked and all cops are still bastards and the 4 skins still rule. oh well. i think i found a free circle a fork.
adam_internal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:40 AM   #14
karmical
THC Freedom Fighter
 
karmical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OaKsTeRdAm
Bikes:
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_internal
basically heres what happened. a party i was at got busted up by the man and before i knew it everyone was getting arrested. i leave to go get my bike down the street,hop on and pass the party on my way home. when i turn the corner the first thing i see is 2 cops burying some dudes face in the hood of a cruiser.. so as i was rolling by turned my head and calmy stated "all cops are bastards" and kept moving. i was maybe 50 feet down the road riding away from the party when a cop ran down the street and tackled me off my bike from behind without warning. i was laying on my bike and the cop on top of me. he ripped my bag off, tossed it and then tossed my bike 10 or 15 feet through the air into a crowd of people on the sidewalk. i learned today in court that after i was in cuffs on the ground another cop picked up my wheel and tossed it again. so in the end my fork and front wheel are borked and all cops are still bastards and the 4 skins still rule. oh well. i think i found a free circle a fork.
so let me get this straight...

you get away from the "party" see people getting arrested, make it to your bike...then ride back by the party and call the police names, slow enough so that some middle-aged man wearing 10-20lbs of gear can run you down in a foot pursuit...
karmical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:55 AM   #15
TNCLR
Senior Member
 
TNCLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Oakland, CA
Bikes: De Rosa Super Prestige track - STOLEN, Walter Godefroot Pista, '92 Eddy Merckx track, '86 Eddy Merckx track Team Faema colors.
Posts: 909
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A.C.A.B!! All coppers are bastards!! 4-Skins with Hodges rule.
TNCLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 11:58 AM   #16
Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten
 
Shiznaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
Posts: 4,509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like to yell at cops in french. REGARDEZ LES POULETS BOCK BOCK BOCK!




Not when I'm in France though... Those guys travel in packs of three (officially enough people to be considered a gang), and they will beat your ass down. Its a scary site when there is a manifestation and they send in a dozen minibusses filled to the brim with cops in riot gear. I was walking the dog yesterday near the PSG stadium (I think they just made it into the semis or something), and it was like I walked into a george orwell book. Just hundreds and hundreds of cops streaming out of their armoured bus thingies...
__________________
I'm biking across North America on the Internet!
http://thedoublecross.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Shiznaz; 05-16-05 at 12:03 PM.
Shiznaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 12:00 PM   #17
flythebike
Wher'd u Get That Jacket?
 
flythebike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere in the Tubes
Bikes: Calfee Dragonfly, Lemond Poprad, Airborne Manhatten Project, Calfee Luna Fixie
Posts: 1,317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, the cop heart only hears: "He's askin' for it."

Defend the statement rationally: "All cops are bastards."
flythebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 12:06 PM   #18
jim-bob
hateful little monkey
 
jim-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 5,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmical
so let me get this straight...

you get away from the "party" see people getting arrested, make it to your bike...then ride back by the party and call the police names, slow enough so that some middle-aged man wearing 10-20lbs of gear can run you down in a foot pursuit...
That's the problem with pushing those big gears, they take a while to get up to speed when you're running from The Man.
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 12:38 PM   #19
Shiznaz
Gone, but not forgotten
 
Shiznaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Bikes: spicer fixie, Haro BMX, cyclops track, Soma Double Cross, KHS Flite 100
Posts: 4,509
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thats why you keep a dozen donuts threaded onto a rope on your messenger bag. When the jakes start trying to run you down you pull the quick release knot and the donuts go flying over the road, giving you enough time to make your slow getaway
__________________
I'm biking across North America on the Internet!
http://thedoublecross.blogspot.com/
Shiznaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 12:59 PM   #20
karmical
THC Freedom Fighter
 
karmical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OaKsTeRdAm
Bikes:
Posts: 1,112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
When the jakes



i'm gonna try this on and see if it works....


the jakes....

for some reason that makes me laugh...


that donut crap doesn't fly out here in oakland though....yes while there are plenty of cops that hang out in donut/coffeeshops....there are plenty of ones left to go hunting, and their prey you may ask...

if you can't fill in the blanks then you're not living in my reality which is why i just can't believe it when i read stories like this, in my city he's lucky if he makes it to the county lock up, i have had friends simply get beat the f down in dark parking lots with no charges ever, or simply never to be seen again...straight up...
so i just tend to stay out of their hunting grounds, or if i must go through them i straight up paint the picture of me being a friendly....never in my wildest dreams would i ask for a beat down, why not just billy club youself and save the taxespayers a bit of $$$
karmical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 01:47 PM   #21
SSSasky
Mo' Senior
 
SSSasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ottawa, ON
Bikes: 1984 Norco Monterey SL (Ishwata 3X butted), matte black, 42-15 fixed
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone's offering a free 1" threadless fork and some stems on the MTBR forum. It's technically a MTB fork, but you can't argue with the price. I'd imagine it would work for at least a while.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=101044
SSSasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 02:02 PM   #22
glock17
/dev/null
 
glock17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Carroll, IA
Bikes: Schwinn Mtn Bike
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
take it to court, here in the US we should be able to say whatever we want, even if its not very nice without fear of being attacked by police officers.
glock17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 02:11 PM   #23
the pope
Senior Member
 
the pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: laramie !
Bikes:
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post a scan of the police report. www.thesmokinggun.com/fixed
the pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 02:14 PM   #24
the pope
Senior Member
 
the pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: laramie !
Bikes:
Posts: 1,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
or www.thesmokinggun.com/poppedoffandgotbeatdown
the pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-05, 05:56 PM   #25
jim-bob
hateful little monkey
 
jim-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 5,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmical


i'm gonna try this on and see if it works....


the jakes....

for some reason that makes me laugh...


that donut crap doesn't fly out here in oakland though....yes while there are plenty of cops that hang out in donut/coffeeshops....there are plenty of ones left to go hunting, and their prey you may ask...

if you can't fill in the blanks then you're not living in my reality which is why i just can't believe it when i read stories like this, in my city he's lucky if he makes it to the county lock up, i have had friends simply get beat the f down in dark parking lots with no charges ever, or simply never to be seen again...straight up...
so i just tend to stay out of their hunting grounds, or if i must go through them i straight up paint the picture of me being a friendly....never in my wildest dreams would i ask for a beat down, why not just billy club youself and save the taxespayers a bit of $$$
Yeah, OPD has always been a little bit touchy. I remember when they used to break up concerts at the old hofbrau, they'd charge in, tell us to disperse, then it was time to run the tear gas gauntlet down those rickety stairs.

Good times.

Still, it was the SFPD that I first saw the "black electrical tape over the badge" trick from.
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 AM.