Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    . monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    Gios track,Miyata roadie, GT mtb
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    NYC This Weekend

    I'm going to be staying in the Lower East Side for a few days. I can't bring my bike, but I may have an entire day free to ride. Is there an LBS nearby that rents decent bikes by the day? Here all the rental bikes are hybrids with handlebar bags that have something like "Yay Chicago!" written on it. I'm no snob, but a man has his limits. Or if someone has a beater lying around, I wouldn't mind renting from them. Has anyone been to Trackstar recently? What's their Reload stock looking like? Any good shows coming up? Someone said Rogue Wave was going to be there on Thursday. Someone was wrong....

  2. #2
    72 & Sunny adamkell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    '93 Yamaguchi Pursuit track bike, Alan Super Record
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there are a few "visiting nyc" threads in the archives. I started one a few months back. Go check out Times Up! on Houston St, near Trackstar.

  3. #3
    . monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    Gios track,Miyata roadie, GT mtb
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool.

  4. #4
    außer mir RedMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    323
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can probably borrow a polo bike and ride it around.

  5. #5
    say, by the way...
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    brooklyn, fo'rilla
    My Bikes
    2 wheels...
    Posts
    306
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jonathan richman is playing in brooklyn all weekend at north six...
    dassezzacklyright, yeeeaaaaah. uh-huh.

  6. #6
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey
    I'm going to be staying in the Lower East Side for a few days. I can't bring my bike, but I may have an entire day free to ride. Is there an LBS nearby that rents decent bikes by the day? Here all the rental bikes are hybrids with handlebar bags that have something like "Yay Chicago!" written on it. I'm no snob, but a man has his limits. Or if someone has a beater lying around, I wouldn't mind renting from them. Has anyone been to Trackstar recently? What's their Reload stock looking like? Any good shows coming up? Someone said Rogue Wave was going to be there on Thursday. Someone was wrong....

    As I did with Adam shoot me a PM and I will be your guide. We have a crit race ..The Harlem Skyscraper..aka "Skinscaper" on father's day at 124th streeet and Madison. What size do you ride?/


    S/F,
    CEYA!

  7. #7
    72 & Sunny adamkell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    '93 Yamaguchi Pursuit track bike, Alan Super Record
    Posts
    1,103
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceya
    What size do you ride?
    argh! I wish the timing of my last trip was better so that you could have asked me that!

  8. #8
    Senior Citizen Discount fixedfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to play fixed tour guide, but I'm out of commision for now and so is my bike.
    Giant Road cones and errant peds has caused me to seperate my shoulder and completely taco my front wheel. Bicycle Station in Brooklyn would probably have something for you. PM Moss who wrenches there and he might be able to hook you up also.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Fusar Poli, Khs, Fit:Series One (bmx)
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this race open to all? If so, what time does it start? Any check points? Or just a straight race?

  10. #10
    no one wants an alien FixednotBroken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    grandis track bike, cesare track bike, bianchi road bike
    Posts
    784
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedfiend
    I'd love to play fixed tour guide, but I'm out of commision for now and so is my bike.
    Giant Road cones and errant peds has caused me to seperate my shoulder and completely taco my front wheel.

    ouch. hope ya heal fast.

  11. #11
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedfiend
    I'd love to play fixed tour guide, but I'm out of commision for now and so is my bike.
    Giant Road cones and errant peds has caused me to seperate my shoulder and completely taco my front wheel. Bicycle Station in Brooklyn would probably have something for you. PM Moss who wrenches there and he might be able to hook you up also.
    Fixedfiend, welcome to the collarbone club! Heal fast, ride soon.

  12. #12
    Senior Citizen Discount fixedfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FixednotBroken
    ouch. hope ya heal fast.
    I thought I broke my collarbone at first but that would've been a good thing as compared to what I really did. Now I look like this:

  13. #13
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, sorry, not the collarbone club! But welcome to the separation club!

    Is it painful? Moreso than a collarbone? How long is the recuperation period?

  14. #14
    Senior Citizen Discount fixedfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by absntr
    Wait, sorry, not the collarbone club! But welcome to the separation club!

    Is it painful? Moreso than a collarbone? How long is the recuperation period?
    probably 4 to 6 weeks of some painful rehab. They want you moving the shoulder as much pain as you can bear to keep flexibility.

  15. #15
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixedfiend
    probably 4 to 6 weeks of some painful rehab. They want you moving the shoulder as much pain as you can bear to keep flexibility.
    Sounds similar to me. I've been riding on my collarbone anyway and flexibility has been decent though still limited. What I hate most? Sleeping on my back. I feel your pain.

    Monkey's a good guy, take good care of him NYC'ers - plus he has a sexy Gios track bike.

  16. #16
    Not Badass, it's Tim. BadAssBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    NJS Peloton, 2002 fuji track, 2002 fuji league (MIA), 2005 bianchi pista, Chopper from NoName Customs.
    Posts
    685
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop by 49 houston on a thursday, and I will gladly show you around.

  17. #17
    . monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    Gios track,Miyata roadie, GT mtb
    Posts
    759
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ceya + Badass: PM's sent. Naz, thanks for the good word. The urge to move to NYC gets stronger every time I visit.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey
    What's their Reload stock looking like?
    If you have the time and the money to do it, you should head to Philly and visit Reload. I was there a couple of weeks ago and stopped by Reload and picked up a frame pad. They have a really nice space in the Northern Liberties section of the city.

    It is a hour and 20 minutes via Amtrak (expensive) and a little over 2 hours doing the New Jersey Transit/SEPTA route (much cheaper). Yet, NYC will probably keep you very busy so you might not have the time.

  19. #19
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.o
    Is this race open to all? If so, what time does it start? Any check points? Or just a straight race?

    It is a USCF saction race Pro 1,2,3 4, and Masters and Citizens race.

    NO Messenger style Alley cats!

    S/F<
    CEYA!
    Last edited by Ceya; 06-15-05 at 11:02 PM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Msngr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    south side, you got a problem with that?
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpo
    If you have the time and the money to do it, you should head to Philly and visit Reload. I was there a couple of weeks ago and stopped by Reload and picked up a frame pad. They have a really nice space in the Northern Liberties section of the city.

    It is a hour and 20 minutes via Amtrak (expensive) and a little over 2 hours doing the New Jersey Transit/SEPTA route (much cheaper). Yet, NYC will probably keep you very busy so you might not have the time.
    $10 for the chinatown bus.

  21. #21
    Guest
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To Philly..10 bucks WOW!!


    S/F<
    CEYA!

  22. #22
    Senior Member akky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bronx NY
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kissena Velodrome Championships

    Schedule:
    Friday, June 17th - 5pm start
    Individual Time Trial

    Saturday, June 18th - 10am start
    Keirin
    Points Race
    Team Sprint
    Individual Pursuit

    Sunday, June 19th - 10am start
    Match Sprint
    Scratch Race
    Madison

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •