Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    london
    My Bikes
    condor, bj on the way.
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    squeaky brooks conquest.

    how can i stop my brooks conquest from squeaking. does anybody have any ideas or have this problem too? apart from the squeaking it is really nice and comfatable.

  2. #2
    The King of Town manboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    My Bikes
    Haro Backtrail 20" (MISSING), Fuji Berkeley fixie, Huffy cruisercommuterdeathmobile
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garr, use whale blubber.

  3. #3
    Wheres the beef? rattking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Moneyapolis
    My Bikes
    Zebrakenko fixie, cannondale mountan bike schwinn continental and twinn tandem all SS
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi-ya
    I recently had a b-17 that had a loud creak on the left side when ever that foot went down.. the noise went away when I put a bit of grease inbetween the leather and the metal on the back of the seat... worked fine for a month or 2 then..
    the real problem showed.. it was the joint where the left rail connected to the metal plate that the leather is riveted to.. the rail and plate separated
    lucky i didnt get a pointy rail in the bum
    the saddle was replaced with no hassle under warranty and does not creak at all

  4. #4
    Senior Member pmseattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by desire
    how can i stop my brooks conquest from squeaking. does anybody have any ideas or have this problem too? apart from the squeaking it is really nice and comfatable.
    I have a conquest and mine squeaks too. I tried a little tri-flo on the ends of the springs but it didn't really help the problem much. Now I just live with it - at least I know where the noise is coming from.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pwarre20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How new is your saddle?

    I've been considering a conquest, but I don't think I could deal with a constant squeak.

  6. #6
    MADE IN HONG KONG
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    My Bikes
    some but not enough
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My conquest squeaks too. Looks lovely in honey, but the squeaking makes me feel as if I was riding a clunker. Next one will not have springs. Interestingly, my B72 w the hair pin springs doesn't squeak at all.

    IMO only, the conquest is for relaxed riding setups

    Lets hope someone will have a better solution than to just lube the springs
    If you are not having any fun, it's all your fault

  7. #7
    ---------
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My Bikes
    Bomber Pro, Shorter, Iro MVP, Some old british steel thing
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, as much as I love my conquest, its totally unnecessary in my set up with track drops. Springs by your ass don't do much when you are leaning forward and can feel the bumps hard with your hands. It was squeaking for a few days a couple weeks ago, but for the most part its been silent. But when the cash comes a team pro or B17 might come as well, conquest is best suited for a lean back sort of ride...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    london
    My Bikes
    condor, bj on the way.
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwarre20
    How new is your saddle?

    I've been considering a conquest, but I don't think I could deal with a constant squeak.
    only a month old, but already so comfatable...

    just really squeaky...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    london
    My Bikes
    condor, bj on the way.
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abe1x
    yeah, as much as I love my conquest, its totally unnecessary in my set up with track drops. Springs by your ass don't do much when you are leaning forward and can feel the bumps hard with your hands. It was squeaking for a few days a couple weeks ago, but for the most part its been silent. But when the cash comes a team pro or B17 might come as well, conquest is best suited for a lean back sort of ride...
    so true abe1x, i use my brooks with risers for a nice relaxed position which i love.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •