Originally Posted by dustinlikewhat
I say loc-tite it!
What, are you trying to get the guy killed?! *sigh ...*
what you want to do *:
The Eyefloater Home Metal and Composite Repair Technique (TM)
1. Sand around the immediate area surrounding the break and clean the surface.
2. Coat the break with a fine bead of carpenter's glue.
3. Cover the first layer of glue with crazy glue. This will be a load bearing layer of glue, so don't skimp.
4. Over the crazy glue, apply a light dab of blue loctite (make sure it's blue!).
5. "Welding" is simply a marketing ploy. Common household solder can be applied (sparingly) at this point around the break.
5. Wrap break area in duct tape (another load bearing layer, so wrap around 3x).
6. Repaint, and you're done!
*Holy sweet Jesus am I ever joking. If you're a complete moron, step away from the internet and don't do what I just wrote (this isn't directed at the initial poster).