Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Senior Member ba ba bikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Where is the cheapest place to get a Steamroller frame?

    The cheapest I've found on the net is $389. Anyone know of a place that has them for less?

  2. #2
    Member's Only summerinside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    MPLS
    My Bikes
    Bridgesetone RB-1 fixie, Surly CrossCheck, Surly Instigator, Salsa AlaCarte, Bianchi Timberwolf SS
    Posts
    523
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ba ba bikey
    The cheapest I've found on the net is $389. Anyone know of a place that has them for less?
    got a link? (that's cheaper than ebay by far..)

  3. #3
    aka mattio queerpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you work at a bike shop you can get all QBP stuff at wholesale price.
    the hipster myth.

    i practice vagabondery.

  4. #4
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,418
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by queerpunk
    if you work at a bike shop you can get all QBP stuff at wholesale price.
    Not at the shop I worked at. They were ****ers and wouldn't let me get stuff at anywhere near cost.
    They gave me two water bottle cages from the trash once, though.

  5. #5
    aka mattio queerpunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFixed
    Not at the shop I worked at. They were ****ers and wouldn't let me get stuff at anywhere near cost.
    They gave me two water bottle cages from the trash once, though.
    i guess what i mean is, if you work at a bike shop with good employee purchase benefits.
    the hipster myth.

    i practice vagabondery.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ba ba bikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the place that has em for $389.

  7. #7
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when the new models come in aebike.com usually offloads the old colors for around $289.

  8. #8
    The Silver Hammer emayex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    Surly Steamroller, Specialized Hardrock, Lynskey Cooper
    Posts
    787
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ebay

    i got mine new + chris kind headset + shipping = $250 bin

    wooooooooo

  9. #9
    i am sure that i hate you spud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    703
    My Bikes
    'Cha-ruzu Fosuta Orusan Kein' Fuji Track (2005), Schwinn Tank MTB (?), Fuji Royale (1979)
    Posts
    3,230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wooo! sounds like some good deals.
    putting the pi back in pirate!
    Itís an upstanding member of the solar system
    Apply the laws of earth and make it a victim
    Of Proposition 187

  10. #10
    Me talk pretty one day. eyefloater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emayex
    ebay

    i got mine new + chris kind headset + shipping = $250 bin

    wooooooooo
    Oh you lucky bastich.

  11. #11
    dc pirate, 4evah. chimblysweep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    several. blue. fun.
    Posts
    3,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonFixed
    Not at the shop I worked at. They were ****ers and wouldn't let me get stuff at anywhere near cost.
    They gave me two water bottle cages from the trash once, though.
    that really sucks...
    sometimes you can get a 'pro deal' by calling the company directly. you have to be able to prove that you work for a shop. i don't know if surly does this (esp considering their QBP distribution) but several other companies do.

  12. #12
    crotchety young dude el twe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    SF, CA
    My Bikes
    IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount
    Posts
    4,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try a bike co-op. I know mine does QBP for a mere 50% markup (the LBS does 100).
    Last edited by el twe; 09-22-05 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
    I explained that he could never pay me enough cash for the amount of work I had put into that bike and the only way to compensate me for it was to ride the hell out of it.
    IRO Angus Casati Gold Line

  13. #13
    dc pirate, 4evah. chimblysweep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    seattle
    My Bikes
    several. blue. fun.
    Posts
    3,193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el twe
    You could try a bike co-op. I know mine does QBP for a mere 150% markup (the LBS does 200).
    i'm really hoping you mean 50% and 100%, not 150 and 200. i mean... ouch! dang!

  14. #14
    Senior Member bbaker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ba ba bikey
    The cheapest I've found on the net is $389. Anyone know of a place that has them for less?
    Spicer has them for $334.95

    http://parts.spicercycles.com/site/i...x=0&Submit.y=0

    baker

  15. #15
    crotchety young dude el twe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    SF, CA
    My Bikes
    IRO Angus; Casati Gold Line; Redline 925; '72 Schwinn Olympic Paramount
    Posts
    4,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chimblysweep
    i'm really hoping you mean 50% and 100%, not 150 and 200. i mean... ouch! dang!
    Woops. Yes. QBP price plus 50% (co-op), and plus 100% (LBS). Sorry, I'm home sick and kind of out of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiacKid View Post
    I explained that he could never pay me enough cash for the amount of work I had put into that bike and the only way to compensate me for it was to ride the hell out of it.
    IRO Angus Casati Gold Line

  16. #16
    Senior Member ba ba bikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    West Los Angeles
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaker22

    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one this afternoon. Nice people at the shop too.

  17. #17
    Senior Member bbaker22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ba ba bikey
    Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one this afternoon. Nice people at the shop too.
    Spicer has excellent customer service. They actually also sell a fairly nice off the shelf steel track bike for ~$275.

    http://spicercycles.com/index.cgi?ca...cat_desc=Track

    I'm not associated w/ Spicer besides being a happy customer (I have their ti mtb fork)...

    baker

  18. #18
    Cornucopia of Awesomeness baxtefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    not where i used to be
    Posts
    4,847
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaker22
    Spicer has excellent customer service. They actually also sell a fairly nice off the shelf steel track bike for ~$275.

    http://spicercycles.com/index.cgi?ca...cat_desc=Track

    I'm not associated w/ Spicer besides being a happy customer (I have their ti mtb fork)...

    baker
    just FYI, that's the same frame as the KHS flite/Mercier Kilo TT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •