Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Weekend America

  1. #1
    ...leaving skid marks turd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    NYC (chinatown, w.vill, morningside)
    My Bikes
    fuji track se ('02) | independent fabrication crown jewel ('04)
    Posts
    1,014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Weekend America

    http://weekendamerica.publicradio.or...015.html#ambel

    Fixed-Gear Fetish: Have an obsession? Eric Ambel used to admit to just one: guitars. When he plays in singer Steve Earle's band, he has a huge collection of them to choose from. But now, he's collecting something completely different: fixed-gear bicycles. And he's not the only one obsessed with this retro form of riding.

    a lil 4.5 min radio piece
    *turd
    can our bikes be friends: fuji track (#3062) & iffy road

  2. #2
    Skidmaster teadoggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    don walker, redline, TBD
    Posts
    1,629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ****ing love public radio.

  3. #3
    knucklehead roscoenyc57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East Village, NYC
    My Bikes
    Rocky MT Track, Vivalo, Pista Concept, De Bernardi Track
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turd
    http://weekendamerica.publicradio.or...015.html#ambel

    Fixed-Gear Fetish: Have an obsession? Eric Ambel used to admit to just one: guitars. When he plays in singer Steve Earle's band, he has a huge collection of them to choose from. But now, he's collecting something completely different: fixed-gear bicycles. And he's not the only one obsessed with this retro form of riding.

    a lil 4.5 min radio piece

    *****
    thats me!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Msngr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    south side, you got a problem with that?
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's cool, roscoe. now you're going to get bike groupies.

  5. #5
    flaneur boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    ankle deep in the gowanus canal
    My Bikes
    IRO Mark V
    Posts
    591
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steve earle is ******** awesome. i think you're my new favorite bikeforumite.

    (yeah, i like country. and yes, this is a knife.)
    give me war redder than blood and fiercer than fire!

  6. #6
    knucklehead roscoenyc57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East Village, NYC
    My Bikes
    Rocky MT Track, Vivalo, Pista Concept, De Bernardi Track
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msngr
    that's cool, roscoe. now you're going to get bike groupies.

    stalkers on the williamsburg bridge

  7. #7
    Iguana Subsystem dolface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    4,017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boots
    steve earle is ******** awesome. i think you're my new favorite bikeforumite.

    (yeah, i like country. and yes, this is a knife.)
    everybody likes country, some just haven't found the kind they like yet.

    /still happy about seeing dolly play a guitar shaped and coored like a '57 chevy tailfin in golden gate park a few weeks ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •