Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member mrwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    away from home
    My Bikes
    11 track, one dualie and 3 ladies bikes.
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Bike Film Fest in Tokyo.

    I missed London, NYC AND the SF film fests... who went?

    Its going to Tokyo and Seoul, not going to make them... hope it comes to Australia. The oz crew are waiting like salivating dogs to see all the bike flicks. Maybe we could get it for Sydney 2006?

    Bloody click here for info

    Has anyone seen the trailer for M.A.S.H?



    ride.

  2. #2
    bought a new car $0.00/Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bucktown, Chicago
    My Bikes
    01 Pista and 99 Lemond Chambery
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on if it is coming to Chicago?

  3. #3
    Senior Member mikorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    hayes
    My Bikes
    none
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MASH will be in the tokyo screening. not the korea res fest thang.
    I think brendt is working on chicago, but will not be january. not bike friendly weather. maybe next summer. will be next years program. the film fest adds a city each year. so maybe chicago or aus sidney will be next. It helps to know there is a network of good people in each city. it's the people that make it happen!

    http://michaelmartin.com/blog/photos/track_video.html
    Last edited by mikorp; 11-04-05 at 12:15 PM.

  4. #4
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chicago - supposeduly January. I talked with Brandt a while ago about helping him bring it here but they already had plans.

  5. #5
    Senior Member mrwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    away from home
    My Bikes
    11 track, one dualie and 3 ladies bikes.
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikorp
    MASH will be in the tokyo screening. not the korea res fest thang.
    I think brendt is working on chicago, but will not be january. not bike friendly weather. maybe next summer. will be next years program. the film fest adds a city each year. so maybe chicago or aus sidney will be next. It helps to know there is a network of good people in each city. it's the people that make it happen!

    http://michaelmartin.com/blog/photos/track_video.html
    When can us furriners see MASH then?

  6. #6
    bought a new car $0.00/Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bucktown, Chicago
    My Bikes
    01 Pista and 99 Lemond Chambery
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by absntr
    Chicago - supposeduly January. I talked with Brandt a while ago about helping him bring it here but they already had plans.
    Do people underestimate the number of bikers here or did the bike film fest just not wanna bring it here?

  7. #7
    無くなった HereNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sci-Fi Wasabi
    My Bikes
    I built the Bianchi track bike back up today.
    Posts
    5,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean I have to go back to Chicago again in Jan?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikorp
    MASH will be in the tokyo screening. not the korea res fest thang.
    I think brendt is working on chicago, but will not be january. not bike friendly weather. maybe next summer. will be next years program. the film fest adds a city each year. so maybe chicago or aus sidney will be next. It helps to know there is a network of good people in each city. it's the people that make it happen!

    http://michaelmartin.com/blog/photos/track_video.html
    when can the people who have already seen MASH get a copy of it?

  9. #9
    Senior Member mikorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    hayes
    My Bikes
    none
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't speak for the bff, but sf knows chicago runs deeeeep!

    Quote Originally Posted by $0.00/Gal
    Do people underestimate the number of bikers here or did the bike film fest just not wanna bring it here?

  10. #10
    Fresh Sushi Slices!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SCO'
    My Bikes
    Torker Cruiser, IRO, Airborne Titanium, 80's Bianchi
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MASH only had a preview at the film festival. the whole movie will be out soon, i believe. They're actually still filming and just finished filming Jovontae Turner (ex pro girl skater) doing 5 block wheelies throughout SF. They wanted more OG fixed gear riders on the video, so they asked him. I'm sure his part will be superb.


    Quote Originally Posted by onlythebest
    when can the people who have already seen MASH get a copy of it?

  11. #11
    Senior Member mikorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    hayes
    My Bikes
    none
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, urban myth grows like weeds. this is only a myth, no truth to it. i heard jovontae is in hiding.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlace
    MASH only had a preview at the film festival. the whole movie will be out soon, i believe. They're actually still filming and just finished filming Jovontae Turner (ex pro girl skater) doing 5 block wheelies throughout SF. They wanted more OG fixed gear riders on the video, so they asked him. I'm sure his part will be superb.

  12. #12
    cxmagazine dot com pitboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    WI
    My Bikes
    Titus road, Fort CX
    Posts
    8,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikorp
    I can't speak for the bff, but sf knows chicago runs deeeeep!
    I got friends in the industry (local) and I know sponsorship helps more than anything.
    Deathlap - cyclocross, training, beer,...escape hatch

  13. #13
    Fresh Sushi Slices!
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SCO'
    My Bikes
    Torker Cruiser, IRO, Airborne Titanium, 80's Bianchi
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was with Tae the other day.. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikorp
    wow, urban myth grows like weeds. this is only a myth, no truth to it. i heard jovontae is in hiding.

  14. #14
    Senior Member mikorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    hayes
    My Bikes
    none
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know, gotta keepum guessing


    Quote Originally Posted by Fatlace
    i was with Tae the other day.. lol.

  15. #15
    s_9
    s_9 is offline
    PINK THUNDER s_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    BROOKLYN!
    My Bikes
    IRO (track), Aegis (road), Trek (Mtn)
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by $0.00/Gal
    Do people underestimate the number of bikers here or did the bike film fest just not wanna bring it here?
    I can't speak for Brendt entirely myself, but I know he wants to bring the BFF to Chicago sometime. The guy runs this thing almost entirely on his own. He's an impassioned person (with a weakness in delegating responsibility). So if it hasn't come to Chicago, it's not because the BFF (aka, Brendt) doesn't like Chicago, but it's because he's effing busy. Good things come to those who wait, even though waiting sucks.

  16. #16
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,482
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I offered Brendt help in that department. Maybe he thought I wasn't quite serious or such, but he told me in January. If he needs sponsorship or help, Chicago would be all over it.

    Anyhow - looking forward to see it come here, when (and if) it does.

    You know, just so Mikorp will stop showing that damn trailer!

    I want to see the whole thing!
    Last edited by absntr; 11-07-05 at 09:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •