Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    All this talk of Cannondale

    What's everyone's impression of their track frames?
    There has been one (frame only) at my LBS for some time for something like $150... and I need a new frame so... What's the story? What BB format they use? Horror stories?
    A massacre artist such as myself... aluminium seems like ehhhh maybe not a good idea.
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  2. #2
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,428
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's one for $150- w/ bars, stem, headset, and fork.

    Only downside- it has been crashed and dented.

    http://boston.craigslist.org/bik/124987410.html

  3. #3
    Skidmaster teadoggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    don walker, redline, TBD
    Posts
    1,629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one and I love it. It's super light (the frame), the old ones have 1" threaded steel forks (sexy), tight clearances, no weird threading on the BB. It's the most responsive bike i've ever been on. You won't believe how well it handles. And it's very, very stiff.

    The only downside, maybe, is the fast that it's really harsh. Not unbearable, but it takes some getting used to. The ride is totally worth the pain, in my opinion.

    Absoultly worth $150. No question at all, if the frame isn't damaged.

    what are the details of the one in your LBS?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cannondales are pretty.

  5. #5
    Skidmaster teadoggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    don walker, redline, TBD
    Posts
    1,629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbikerbrian
    cannondales are pretty.
    yes they are. very pretty.

    Our very own Absnr took this photo. My cannondale (far right), his Colnago (center) SteakTaco's Bare Knuckles (far left)


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just about started crying looking at that picture. those are some hot bikes.
    you know what does it for me with cannondales? its the downtube. just something about em looks frickin amazing. they really got something there with that thicker tubing.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomas
    What's everyone's impression of their track frames?
    There has been one (frame only) at my LBS for some time for something like $150... and I need a new frame so... What's the story? What BB format they use? Horror stories?
    A massacre artist such as myself... aluminium seems like ehhhh maybe not a good idea.
    which LBS in seattle?

  8. #8
    bought a new car $0.00/Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bucktown, Chicago
    My Bikes
    01 Pista and 99 Lemond Chambery
    Posts
    1,346
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha dude is gonna go try to get your frame!

  9. #9
    Skidmaster teadoggg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    My Bikes
    don walker, redline, TBD
    Posts
    1,629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the downtube that gets me, too.

  10. #10
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teadoggg
    I have one and I love it. It's super light (the frame), the old ones have 1" threaded steel forks (sexy), tight clearances, no weird threading on the BB. It's the most responsive bike i've ever been on. You won't believe how well it handles. And it's very, very stiff.

    The only downside, maybe, is the fast that it's really harsh. Not unbearable, but it takes some getting used to. The ride is totally worth the pain, in my opinion.

    Absoultly worth $150. No question at all, if the frame isn't damaged.

    what are the details of the one in your LBS?

    Well.. I am quite bad with color but I believe it is a muddled grey color with black lettering. LARGE tubing.. Other that that I have not a clue. I think people just don't know it's there.... waiting for a home. It's just intimidating to purchase a semi expensive frame that you have little experience with vs an IRO or the like.. I scored that Kuwahara today in my other topic that is on here... that will tide me over for a sec.
    The current fix I have... the frame just doesn't fit right... so yeah..
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  11. #11
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I went Alu, I'd pick one of the older (teadoggg's vintage) frames. They're usually blue. That was the best run they made in a track frame. The later ones were just modded versions of their road frames with carbon forks (slackish geometry)

  12. #12
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by $0.00/Gal
    hahaha dude is gonna go try to get your frame!
    Bull**** he is.
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, cmon now there 0.00. i just wanna see a cdale track frame up close. the chances of it being my size are pretty small, anyways. im just a curious man, s'all. a curious broke man, at that. i wish i had 150 for a new frame. course, id get a new wheel. but thats a little OT.

  14. #14
    Frankly, Mr. Shankly absntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS. They also made a "messenger" version of the same frame in a dark black with black lettering and a charcoal version as well. All the same vintage - which is probably the one you saw. If so, a good deal.

    Is is threaded? Then it's the one.

  15. #15
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbikerbrian
    hey, cmon now there 0.00. i just wanna see a cdale track frame up close. the chances of it being my size are pretty small, anyways. im just a curious man, s'all. a curious broke man, at that. i wish i had 150 for a new frame. course, id get a new wheel. but thats a little OT.
    What size frame do you need?
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  16. #16
    Crapzeit! mcatano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,553
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $150?? There is no ask... only buy. If you don't like it you can sell it for probably double that on eBay.

  17. #17
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by absntr
    PS. They also made a "messenger" version of the same frame in a dark black with black lettering and a charcoal version as well. All the same vintage - which is probably the one you saw. If so, a good deal.

    Is is threaded? Then it's the one.
    Like I said... my color vision no worky good. It's not black or white... but may be either dark grey or blue. I will inspect and report.
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right now i ride a 61, but im not really looking for a new frame. new wheels. but not a new frame. i just thought id check it out, you know. edjumicate myself. life experience and all that. i am not, repeat NOT gonna snake it from you.

  19. #19
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbikerbrian
    right now i ride a 61, but im not really looking for a new frame. new wheels. but not a new frame. i just thought id check it out, you know. edjumicate myself. life experience and all that. i am not, repeat NOT gonna snake it from you.
    I have a motobecane....super old schooly and fun.. I also have a peugot that needs a BB.
    Both are 61.
    Been making due with the moto but it's too big.

    Supposedly I should be at 57.
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  20. #20
    bah Fantomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Portland OR
    My Bikes
    WEEEEE!!!!
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If youre at the Cranked alley cat tomorrow I should be riding the motobecane so you can totally check it...
    I'll be the guy with 2" plugs in his ears... hard to miss.

    Either frames are yours for beer.
    Hellen Keller listened to Burzum.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im working tomorrow night. bummer.

  22. #22
    Senior Member brunning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    New York City
    My Bikes
    1999 Serotta Csi Custom, ~1984 Pinarello track bike
    Posts
    1,519
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the folks i've spoken to about the newer cannondale track frames (like the team puma frames) love em to death.

    i recall that the old-style cannondale road dropouts had significant problems with breakage.

    the new frames use pretty standard looking track ends, but the old frames had them set back behind the seatstay/chainstay joint.

  23. #23
    live free or die trying humancongereel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    where i lay my head is home.
    My Bikes
    bianchi pista workhorse, cannondale r1000, mountain bike fixed conversion
    Posts
    6,999
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that cannondale there is pretty. maybe it's just the black/pink that gets me...but man...that's a beautiful picture. right click save....

  24. #24
    seeking simple
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    My Bikes
    Yes!
    Posts
    1,030
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brunning
    i recall that the old-style cannondale road dropouts had significant problems with breakage.e folks i've spoken to about the newer cannondale track frames (like the team puma frames) love em to death.

    the new frames use pretty standard looking track ends, but the old frames had them set back behind the seatstay/chainstay joint.
    I never understood the supposed pros to that strange design. Anyone have any ideas?

  25. #25
    blah onetwentyeight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    5,573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend has a hot pink cannondale... It's pretty fun to ride, I've been able to ride it a few times and liked the feel. He's happy with it and he's a pretty experienced rider so I'd trust em.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •