So, there's always plenty to ***** about. There's always some stupid @$$hole who can't drive, some goof@$$ mother who doesn't know her ______ from a hole in the ground . . . and I love you all for telling it like it is. Even when I don't agree with you all, FG/SS is always honest (even if it's sometimes cruel). A ways back, there was a thread about the things in your life that are positive . . . the things that make you smile and that make you and your bike happy. It's cold. It's raining. It's going to sleet tonight. And snow tomorrow. And Chicago is grey. Or gray. But it is. And so, I propose an uplifting thread . . .
My favorite things . . .
1. Chicks in Shants (nice calves . . . )
2. Track geometry
3. Good spin -- when your legs have a mind and a rythm of their own and you can just watch the ground under your wheels slide by
4. Cold beer (doesn't matter what kind, so long as it's cheap -- it actually tastes better when it's free)
5. Drivetrain/BB overhaul -- a good CD, a couple beers, taking apart the bike and putting it back together, clean, running smooth
6. That first day of real warm spring, when you lift your face and the sun actually warms it (and the sting in the wind, and the bite of snow and ice are gone until next December)
Shout it out. What keeps you going on a bad day?