Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-06, 07:52 PM   #1
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me
Thread Starter
 
vomitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: san diego, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got a wool jersey with a stain?

So here's the thing: I love chocolate croissants. I mean, I'm just gaga for them.

So the problem is, sometimes I sit around and eat them while I'm wearing a wool jersey. The thing about chocolate croissants is that you've gotta eat them warm. The chocolate has to be gooey for you to really experience the magic.

Sadly, sometimes you spill a little on your jersey. Chocolate and wool really like eachother, so the stain doesn't really come out...until now.

I was being pouty about it and my grandmother overheard and said, "do you have the shirt with you?" She takes the jersey from me, and spreads about a tablespoon of yogurt on and around the stain. She says, "let this sit for an hour or so, and scrape it with a spoon. Then wet a paper towel, and get the rest off. Wash as usual."

So I'm thinking, "Yeah, whatever." An hour and some change later, I have a stain-free wool jersey. Thanks grandma! She then said, "Now go outside and Jihad the place from which you bought the croissant, so they will learn not to stain your shirts, the infidel scum."
vomitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 07:55 PM   #2
dolface
Iguana Subsystem
 
dolface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: san francisco
Bikes:
Posts: 4,016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i wanna meet your grandma.
dolface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 07:57 PM   #3
sherbert tights
jumping to conclusions
 
sherbert tights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sf
Bikes:
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomitron
So here's the thing: I love chocolate croissants. I mean, I'm just gaga for them.

So the problem is, sometimes I sit around and eat them while I'm wearing a wool jersey. The thing about chocolate croissants is that you've gotta eat them warm. The chocolate has to be gooey for you to really experience the magic.

Sadly, sometimes you spill a little on your jersey. Chocolate and wool really like eachother, so the stain doesn't really come out...until now.

I was being pouty about it and my grandmother overheard and said, "do you have the shirt with you?" She takes the jersey from me, and spreads about a tablespoon of yogurt on and around the stain. She says, "let this sit for an hour or so, and scrape it with a spoon. Then wet a paper towel, and get the rest off. Wash as usual."

So I'm thinking, "Yeah, whatever." An hour and some change later, I have a stain-free wool jersey. Thanks grandma! She then said, "Now go outside and Jihad the place from which you bought the croissant, so they will learn not to stain your shirts, the infidel scum."
i hear that sperm from the infidel scum works just the same...but then you would have to....you know.

edit: but in all seriousness...great tidbit!
sherbert tights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 08:06 PM   #4
sers
Senior Member
 
sers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Salem, MA
Bikes: Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1
Posts: 2,188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this will also work if your wool jersey has a yeast infection.
sers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 09:12 PM   #5
pitboss
cxmagazine dot com
 
pitboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: WI
Bikes: Titus road, Fort CX
Posts: 8,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You forgot about the part where Bush sends in 15000 troops to "protect" the indigenous people of the croissant shop. There have also been reports circulating through the AP wire that the oil fields in the back alley of the croissant shop have been targeted for protection to allow the indigenous people a chance to restabilize their economy, post-protection action.
pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 09:23 PM   #6
sloppy robot
like, really sloppy
 
sloppy robot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: calipornia
Bikes:
Posts: 2,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbert tights
i hear that sperm from the infidel scum works just the same...but then you would have to....you know.

edit: but in all seriousness...great tidbit!
in all seriousness.. he already tried the infidel sperm
sloppy robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 09:28 PM   #7
onetwentyeight 
blah
 
onetwentyeight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oakland, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 5,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy robot
in all seriousness.. he already tried the infidel sperm
... and it tasted like chocolate croi---

Ewww. *runs out of thread*
onetwentyeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 09:48 PM   #8
r-dub
likes avocadoes
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes: heh, like that info would fit here...
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You really should have let me know about your addiction...er...love of choco croissants before you came up here last time. Place not too far from my house makes these croissants that are exploding with chocolate. Seriously, about 4 or 5 times what you'll find in your run-of-the-mill chocolate croissant. They've been slowly going out of business for the past few years, and I'm convinced that it's because they spend so much on chocolate.
r-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 10:00 PM   #9
ZappCatt
Back to being a Clyde....
 
ZappCatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Santa Clara
Bikes: Giant OCR1(specialized carbon seatpost,Terry Fly sadle, Syntace C2): Leader TT frame, Easton EC70fork, Aerolite bars, nashbar bullhorn, Titan Wheels: Fuji Track Pro(2003)
Posts: 1,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where is this choc croisant nirvana? I was just up at MontanoVelo today, would have loved to indulge...
ZappCatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 10:52 PM   #10
r-dub
likes avocadoes
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes: heh, like that info would fit here...
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nabolom bakery on Russell (one block north of Ashby) just east of College in Berkeley. It takes me two or three sittings to finish one of them, and I'm a chocolate fiend.
r-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 02:26 PM   #11
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me
Thread Starter
 
vomitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: san diego, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am definitely up to the challenge of eating one in a single sitting.

That croissant ain't got nothin' on me.
vomitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 05:27 PM   #12
sherbert tights
jumping to conclusions
 
sherbert tights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sf
Bikes:
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomitron
I am definitely up to the challenge of eating one in a single sitting.

That croissant ain't got nothin' on me.
you wants me to bring some down next weekend? BUT you must finish it in one sitting...wearing ONLY the wool jersey. You lose points for every new choco stain you get, but will win points for doing while one of you janky rigs.
sherbert tights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 05:59 PM   #13
biff
biff-o-matic
 
biff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Bikes: Moyer Cycles #1 - A fixie of course.
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [165]
You forgot about the part where Bush sends in 15000 troops to "protect" the indigenous people of the croissant shop. There have also been reports circulating through the AP wire that the oil fields in the back alley of the croissant shop have been targeted for protection to allow the indigenous people a chance to restabilize their economy, post-protection action.
Sounds like a plan. I'll have WK call in the boats.
biff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 06:34 PM   #14
prodigal son
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: So Cal
Bikes: peugot fixed, Steelman cyclocross, Yeti Kokopelli
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sherbert tell him to wear something on the bottom though ...
prodigal son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 08:08 PM   #15
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me
Thread Starter
 
vomitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: san diego, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're just jealous because my butt looks so good in tights.
vomitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 11:27 PM   #16
r-dub
likes avocadoes
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes: heh, like that info would fit here...
Posts: 1,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're going to have to nuke that **** to make the chocolate nice and runny after a trip to the stratosphere.
r-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-06, 11:52 PM   #17
sherbert tights
jumping to conclusions
 
sherbert tights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sf
Bikes:
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomitron
You're just jealous because my butt looks so good in tights.
eeww
sherbert tights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 01:21 AM   #18
junioroverlord
Better than you since 83!
 
junioroverlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Up a big F'ing Hill
Bikes: Fixed Gear 79 Schwinn Sprint
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I remember when you guys used to be my friends...
junioroverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 11:50 AM   #19
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me
Thread Starter
 
vomitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: san diego, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We remember when you used to ride bikes...

Then again, it might be hard to ride while carrying that giant cross on your back.
vomitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 01:19 PM   #20
prodigal son
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: So Cal
Bikes: peugot fixed, Steelman cyclocross, Yeti Kokopelli
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WE need to go have Ethopian food and more honey wine.
prodigal son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 01:44 PM   #21
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me
Thread Starter
 
vomitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: san diego, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That sounds like a great idea. You coming down this weekend, or next ava?

Also, I have a coupon for free dinner for 4 at Chi Dynasty (a chinese joint in loz feliz area. pretty standard) that we should all use. Saturday? Friday? I know ya'll are down for some free dinner.
vomitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 04:06 PM   #22
prodigal son
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: So Cal
Bikes: peugot fixed, Steelman cyclocross, Yeti Kokopelli
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you steal the coupon? Jumbo's is around the corner as well.
prodigal son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 09:45 PM   #23
junioroverlord
Better than you since 83!
 
junioroverlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Up a big F'ing Hill
Bikes: Fixed Gear 79 Schwinn Sprint
Posts: 1,117
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomitron
We remember when you used to ride bikes...

Then again, it might be hard to ride while carrying that giant cross on your back.
Yeah, it also must be hard to come up with your own jokes.
junioroverlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:09 PM   #24
sherbert tights
jumping to conclusions
 
sherbert tights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: sf
Bikes:
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomitron
That sounds like a great idea. You coming down this weekend, or next ava?

Also, I have a coupon for free dinner for 4 at Chi Dynasty (a chinese joint in loz feliz area. pretty standard) that we should all use. Saturday? Friday? I know ya'll are down for some free dinner.
Next weekend...Ethiopian, Chinese, Free Dinner!?! i don't believe it, i was supposed to have some free/cheap dinner at a cuban restaurant last time, but that fell thru
sherbert tights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:16 PM   #25
juvi-kyle
Senior Member
 
juvi-kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: LA
Bikes: track bikes, etc
Posts: 2,915
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigal son
Did you steal the coupon? Jumbo's is around the corner as well.
Oh, I like Jumbo's...but why bring sand to the beach
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutret
trackosaurusrex.com is just about the best thing ever!
juvi-kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:48 AM.